City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lot

First Post
Lokin leans back in his seat, scooping up the black dice and giving them a roll. He lifts his tankard while turning to address Rinya.

"Well, Lady Starflower. If you need a hand hauling that treasure, I'm your man. As for slaying dragons, that's a bit past my ability. Past everyone here's ability as well, most likely."

Lokin sips from the half-filled cup with a sigh.

"You said it was a copper dragon, right? Those are the more friendly kind, I think. The metal one are okay but the ones with different colors are bad news, if I recall. I was raised on a farm and reached adulthood in an army, so forgive my ignorance of dragon matters. I just want to understand why this dragon told you about this problem. Maybe this Tor fellow could clear things up."

He turns back to Valan.

"So what rules we using? Every group I ever diced with had it's own house rules on gambling."

LogicsFate

First Post
Since there's just two of us... Valan looks around, and addresses the rest of the patrons for a moment. Unless someone else wishes to join? I've got a lot of dice.

If no one replys A simplified game of Dragon's Horde. Rules are simple; Roll off. Highest puts a gold in the pot(or silver if you prefer)... or platinum for that matter. As I was saying, put's a gold in and rolls. On a double or lucky 7, he takes the pot. Next person repeats.

Valan rolls his dice, his reasons for it might not be the clearest.
2nd test roll for simplicity. White Dice (1d6=1, 1d6=1)
Valan frowns at the dice.

Is that ok or do you have a prefered rule set? Valan looks up smiling.

Heckler

First Post
LogicsFate said:
Really? Is there any thoughts on when this great evil will arrive?
[COLOR=Red[COLOR=Red]]"Soon enough. More than that I couldn't say."[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Lot said:
Lokin leans back in his seat, scooping up the black dice and giving them a roll. He lifts his tankard while turning to address Rinya.

"Well, Lady Starflower. If you need a hand hauling that treasure, I'm your man. As for slaying dragons, that's a bit past my ability. Past everyone here's ability as well, most likely."
"Lady? Now that's funny," the barbarian replies with a laugh. "I could find plenty of pack mules if I needed them. What I would need is some help with the killing. I'm handy with a sword, as is my friend Rowan, though he seems more interested in his books lately," Rinya says, gesturing towards a rough looking man at the bar. "Richard is good with a sword as well, he's upstairs sleeping the day away. What we need are a healer and a magician. And more swords. There is a saying among the Grugach, 'If swords aren't solving your problem, you aren't using enough.'"

LogicsFate

First Post
If that is what you seek, I could be of some assistance. Valan gives his dice another roll in the dramatic moment. (2,4) *sigh* Being a man of Grendath has a few perks, healing wounds for example, and bringing luck to those around.

Lot

First Post
LogicsFate said:
If that is what you seek, I could be of some assistance. Valan gives his dice another roll in the dramatic moment. (2,4) *sigh* Being a man of Grendath has a few perks, healing wounds for example, and bringing luck to those around.

Lokin pulls out five gold coins from his hidden money pouch and lays them on the table.

"I hope your below average rolling continues, my friend. Let's see how your god treats you when money is on the line."

He grabs the dice he was playing with before and gives them a roll. They tumble across the table and come up as a three and a three.

"A six. The same as you. But as double, it means I take the pot...which happens to be empty. Does our tie roll mean we both put in?"

Lokin back at Rinya, glad that she took his sarcasm with good humor.

"If you need another sword, I may be interested. This job will most likely kill me so I may as well get killed fighting a dragon."

He points over towards the bar at a mysterious woman keeping to herself.

"I've been working with Payne over there. I can't speak for her, but you should see if she'd be interested, too. She's a very cunning ally, if a bit anti-social."

LogicsFate

First Post
The first roll is to see who adds to the pot first, a roll off as it were. Had that been the first turn you would have put a coin in and then taken it back and all the other coins in pot.

So roll off for 1st turn.
Valan makes it clear it is this roll.
Roll to see who goes first. (6, 2) Can you beat an 8? If not I'll put a coin in the pot and roll my first turn.

Last edited:

LogicsFate

First Post
Funny, I know those dice arn't loaded cause there mine but, paranoia will do you in. That said I hope you get to meet Tor, great guy, jumpy as a cat. Valan laughs.

Throwing a coin between the two of them he rolls. 1st roll, one gold in pot. (6, 6). Valan picks his gold back up Never mind then. Care to toss?

Lot

First Post
Lokin finishes his ale with a final gulp while shaking the dice in his other hand. With a flick of his wrist, he sends the dice tumbling. They land with the one and the six showing.

"Seven. A lucky number, indeed. Anyway, what do you know about this Tor guy? You said you were friends, right? He ever mention being part dragon?"

LogicsFate

First Post
Valan tosses a coin into the middle. 2nd game roll (6, 2) Blah, Your turn.

Thing about Tor is he didn't talk much, I remember something though... We had anouther in the group, musta been anouther spawn, Gideon Redcloack. Pretty good guy if he's what I'd suspect. They'd share words every once in a while about changes. Like they we're changing into dragons or something. Figured they were just talking....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads