City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velmont

First Post
Opale looks around. "Now that's better. Opale di Senzio, wizard for trade. And gives me some wine Joe please, and a small piece of fresh meat." She sits down and put her backpack at her feet. As her hand lay on the table, a small viper crawl out of her dleeves and start to constrict the candle on the table gathering the eat of it.

"I thought we were on the trace of some lich, why do we end her?" asks Opale to Charlarn. "Did I miss something while I was stoned?"

SlagMortar

First Post
That may indeed be true, but each of these people started here at one point or anouther. I'm still a bit new to all of this myself.
"You have the right of it, friend." Planus looks fondly at even the darker members of his group, "The most important thing is to find - whether through simple discussion or visions from the gods - like-minded fellows of similar courage. We faced many challenges that would have destroyed any of us alone as if we were but a petty annoyance, but our combined strength overcame them."

Velmont

First Post
Opale nods at Planus and adds "And even if you have not better tools or skills than many people here, you can easily offset that by using yours wisely and clerverly."

She then returns to Charlarn and the others. "So, what next? I'm still a bit ocnfused by this quest that seems more like a fool errand. I though we were supposed to go on the trace of a lich and we end on a quest for an apple tree. I conceive we have learn much thinsg on that trip about ourselves, and I must tell it have tigthen our group, but in the end, we are back to where we were, back to our homplane and without much clue about what to do next."

jaker2003

Explorer
Jace, Cleric of Fire and Destruction

Jace changes the subject, "You know, I've heard a few things about the Red Dragon Inn, that's why I came here. Anyway, I heard that Joe," Jace points his thumb at the barkeep, "can get anything he wants for his bar or inn within an hour. Even that there's a huge assortment of fresh exotic fruits available every morning for breakfast. I was thinking that 'ol Joe has got some deep pockets from the amount he charges the companies that advertise here. . . . . . . . . You think he's got some teleportation circles hidden in some of his storerooms? You know, they could lead to some far flung villages that he had befriended in the past. He could just send a list of what he needs and a pouch of gold with a runner into the teleportation circle and they come back with everything he asked for. Quiet Joe over there could be supporting the whole economies of villages everywhere. . . . I have no doubt that he can afford to set that up . . . he could just hire a suitably talented arcanist, all sorts seem to gather here. . . . . . . . . What do you think?"

Velmont

First Post
"I don't think anything except that Joe knows well how to make business. You can always asks him. Joe, dare to answer?" tells Opale.

Joe arrives with his cup of wine and the fresh meat. He shrug and just returns behind his bar. "What I thought. There is many secrets about this Inn, and I doubt you find them. Joe is not the talkative type and as my cousin Rinaldo says, a good merchant doesn't deliver his secrets."

Richard Rawen

First Post
Heckler said:
"Richard, you're up," Rinya comments to the man on the stairs. "Things have picked up while you've been napping."

Still looking a bit bemused, the young man walks back into the shadows above leading to the rooms, emerging a short time later in leathers though not packing his usual arsenal of weaponry.
He seems to be fascinated with the various newcomers, sitting heavily at the bar next to the wild Elven woman and ordering a full breakfast with dark ale, not having a clue as to what time of day it is.
"So... what's new?" he asks Rinya, his voice still a bit thick from sleep.
After his meal arrives he turns and leans against the bar, looking around, eating heartily and listening with interest to Rinya's full story of the time he missed while upstairs. Even if it's only a few words. =-)

Lot

First Post
Lokin watches the room fill up with both teleporters and people entering by more mundane means. He flips the dice into the center of the table. A one comes up immediately from one die, but the other spins for a second before revealing the second one. Snake eyes.

"That's a double, so the pot is mine, right?"

He leans back to look at Rinya.

"Looks like the caliber of the inn's clientele has increased recently. Probably people much better positioned to help you with your problem, I'd imagine."

Richard Rawen

First Post
Lot said:
Lokin watches the room fill up with both teleporters and people entering by more mundane means. He flips the dice into the center of the table. A one comes up immediately from one die, but the other spins for a second before revealing the second one. Snake eyes.

"That's a double, so the pot is mine, right?"

He leans back to look at Rinya.

"Looks like the caliber of the inn's clientele has increased recently. Probably people much better positioned to help you with your problem, I'd imagine."

Richard sets his plate aside, drains his draught and gives a satisfied sigh. "myThanks Joe."
Catching Lokin's remarks the young fighter glances at Rinya, then back to Lokin, "You know about the prophecy then?" It's more a statement than a question, but Richard isn't certain if he remembers Lokin in the room when Rinya and Rowan and he had discussed the Dragon's words.

Manzanita

First Post
Ignatious feels quite worn out from his travels, but is as interested in their results as his friends are.

"Something is opposing the Lich. And was actively helpful to us in our quest. I too, have been wondering why. What did we really accomplish? We freed a Gith captive. Smashed a mining operation. We destroyed a fire elemental and a demon. But how does any of this relate to the Lich? We did get the apples, and we did boost our power. It is too soon to come to any conclusions. I suspect neither the Lich, nor its opponent are done with us yet. When the time comes, we must be ready."

Heckler

First Post
"Richard, this is Lokin and Valan," Rinya says as she introduces the two men playing dice. "I was telling them about our encounter with the dragon. They, and Lokin's friends, may be interested in joining us when the time comes."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads