City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Hmmm...." Saithnar mumbles as he stands and approaches Edwyd. Almost as an afterthought, he turns back...to get his backpack. Then he stops again, to speak to Rathan. "My...friend. What say you to helping this man deliver his goods? I could do with a bit of fresh air and earning free food for a year is a worthy payment in and of itself." he says as he finishes scouring his (and others') minds for any information on this man and his mission...

Untrained Knowledge(geography) and Knowledge(local) checks (1d20+3=6, 1d20+3=11)

Last edited:

Wik

First Post
Galwynn looks over at the arm-wrestling going on at the table with a flicker of annoyance - why compete when it was so obvious a person was in trouble? Light on his feet (That damned alcohol! Galwynn KNEW he shouldn't drink "big city brew"!), Galwynn stumbles to grab a crust of bread for the halfling.

Crouching alongside the priest, Galwynn offers the crust to the halfling nervously, casting glances at Saithnar while doing so.

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist

Rae ArdGaoth said:
[sblock=OOC: ]Okay, so according to my weak understanding of the grappling rules, Cludge is successfully "holding" Rasereit, so now we have an opposed grapple check to see if Cludge pins Rasereit.

#2 Grapple check, opposing Cludge's pin attempt (1d20+8=25)

So now... Rasereit has a chance to 1) attempt to break your hold, 2) (if successful) establish his own hold, and 3) (if successful) attempt to pin. Correct?[/sblock]
Rasereit's hand moves dangerously close to the table, but then he grunts and pushes back, moving Cludge's hand higher.

Cludge's eyes pop as Rasereit lifts his fist until the two are face to face again, corded arms straining. Damn, he grunts. Thought...I...had ya ...there.

[sblock=OOC] Sure, sounds good and yikes, nice roll. I can only tie that (which goes to you) but I'll roll anyway for practice. Cludge roll to maintain grapple (1d20+5=9)[/sblock]

Cludge bears down, staring intently into Rasereit's face. But now the seasoned dwarf across from begins to apply pressure...

[sblock=OOC] So you broke my hold. Then I guess it's your turn to try to establish a grapple. (Winging it here, just to see if this works.) [/sblock]

Rathan

First Post
Rathan looks up to Saithnar with a nervous smile...

mmm... would love to go... there's not really much else here I can do... if he eats then he eats.. if he doesn't then I have no idea what to do..." the cleric utters very softly in hopes the halfling will eat.... slowly he rises to his feet and dusts off his vestments as he readies himself to go....

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian

Sweat droplets begin to form at Rasereit's sideburns. This dwarfie's a strong 'un... he thinks, grinning. "But not strong enough!" he says aloud. His large hand squeezes tighter (25), and Rasereit gets the leverage he needed. Then he pushes (21) hard.

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Edwyd smiles at Saithnar and Rathan. "Good, good. That's at least one strong dwarf, a healer, whose services I hope won't be necessary, and... I'm sorry, what is your profession?" Edwyd asks Saithnar. "Oh, and your names, gentlemen, your names?"

Wik

First Post
Galwynn's Geography Check (1d20=16)

Galwynn's Local Check (1d20=9)

Galwynn approaches Edwyrd, once again casting a look over his shoulder at the weakened halfling. Offering his hand, Galwynn speaks gently "Hello, sir. A ceremony taken in marriage is a most wondrous thing, and Halina would certainly approve! Although it isn't exactly the type of employment I had expected upon coming here, I will surely do my best to help out. My name is Galwynn, servant of blessed Halina, defender of the hearth."

Gathering up his equipment, Galwynn throws his scabbarded claymore over one shoulder, along with his backpack. He glares at the half-empty mug of "mead" still sitting on the table reproachfully. "I am ready to depart."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Still standing near the bar where he came in, the tall Xir continues to watch impassively. The plight of the halfling, the ongoing wrestling contest, all were things to observe. Occasionally, he would look at something on his palms or forearms, then continue to watch.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[sblock=OOC to AGFlynn: ]I think we should drop the 2/3, this is taking plenty long. The grapple rules lend themselves quite nicely, actually.[/sblock]

Rathan

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Rolls... forgot about the rolls... both untrained.... Geo: http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=991992 (20) Local: http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=991995 (5) (this makes sense.... I'm kinda new to the town... yaayyy for randomness! hehe)[/sblock]

Rathan smiled to the backer as he extends his hand to him in greeting..... "color=orange]Well met Edwyd.... I am Rathan.... priest and healer of Hyrag... my healing is yours if you need it. Lets hope you don't though.[/color]" the cleric says with a nervous smile....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads