City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Edwyd gladly shakes Rathan's hand. "Well met, sir. Yes, I hope you all act as a deterrent rather than active protectors, but the people do seem to love my pie..." He shrugs helplessly. "Oh, and I won't be accompanying you. I have to run the store, of course."

Edwyd looks around the tavern for interested looks. "Well then, everybody who's interested, come over here and we'll discuss the terms of your employment." The large, flour-covered man moves over to the table where Rasereit and Cludge are grunting and huffing with exertion. Edwyd smiles as he sits next to Cludge. "I hope you don't mind if we discuss things right here. Still interested in the job, dwarf?"

Wik

First Post
Galwynn, perplexed at being completely overlooked by Edwyrd, nonetheless grabs his gear and sits down at the table with the shopkeeper. "I know it's not exactly the type of job offer you were looking for," he says to Cludge, "But at least it's something. Right?"

OOC: I'm in. Should be a lot of fun. But you haven't answered the most important question.... what TYPE of pie?

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"Oh, Galwynn sir, set your things down, you're not leaving yet. I have a few rules you gent's need to know about," Edwyd says lightheartedly before sitting down.

OOC: Didn't mean to ignore you. And as for the type of pie, you'll find out soon enough.

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Sir Edwyd, my name is Saithnar and I am... a mentalist, or Psion. Think of me as a wizard with powers of the mind which are powered by my mind." Saithnar advises while waiting to hear more details about the job.

Rathan

First Post
Rathan moves with the large cook over to the table and gingerly avoids the dwarf spittle from the two straining in the battle of arms and finally takes a seat....

" Rules you say?... for delivering a pie?... most intresting.. this I must hear..." the well mannered cleric proclaims as he pipes down to listen up...

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist

Rae ArdGaoth said:
[sblock=OOC to AGFlynn: ]I think we should drop the 2/3, this is taking plenty long. The grapple rules lend themselves quite nicely, actually.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC to Rae] Agreed, let's drop the 2/3. Here's my roll to avoid pin. You're not gonna believe this one ... Roll to avoid pin (1d20+5=25) [/sblock]

Cludge's eyes widen in horror as his kuckles tremble within a hairsbreadth of the tabletop.
Damn....almost....done...
He grips the table hard with his free hand and throws all his might into the contest.

[sblock=OOC to Rae] Uh, so now I roll to initiate grapple again? I've kinda lost the thread[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[sblock=OOC to AGFlynn: ]
Cludge successfully beat Razh (they tied, but Cludge has the higher Str). Now Cludge should attempt to initiate a hold of his own, against Rasereit's 21.

First of all, Razh's 25 is his attempt to initiate a hold. Cludge's 25 is opposed to that 25, not the pin attempt (a 21). It's my mistake, but Rasereit wins the tie, because he has the higher grapple check modifier (+8).

That means Cludge needs to roll again, and this time beat Razh's 21, or else Cludge loses.

:] [/sblock]

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"Right then. You listening, dwarf?" Edwyd smiles, not expecting an answer. "Good! We all here? Have I got this right? This dwarven warrior here, whose name I haven't caught, Galwynn the priest, Rathan the priest, and Saithnar the mentalist. Is that right? Hmm... I could use some more intimidating muscle..." He looks at Rasereit, who is winning the contest. Then he shrugs and continues, "I think you folks should be able to manage. Now! First things first."

Edwyd reaches behind him and pulls out a map of the city. It has a route in red ink plotted out. "We're here." He points to a large red dot, just east of the main north-south road. "Here's Merchant's Avenue..." he moves his finger vertically along the large north-south street. "And here's Allimon Street..." again he moves his finger, this time east-west. "Now, you're gonna come out of this plaza here, that'll put you on Merchant's Ave, you turn right and head north until this intersection. Then you turn left, follow Allimon all the way to Thunis. There you turn right (that's north) and my house is on the right. 352 North Thunis Street. The High District watch tower is behind it, a few blocks away. It's all on this map, in case you get confused."

He leaves the map lying on the table as he continues on, "Now, as you've heard, I've got some rules you need to follow. This is no regular pie you're delivering. This is Edwyd Edwyd's Nigh Divine Apple Pie. I only make one a year, and the townfolk always want a piece. But I put a little bit of my heart and soul into it, and only Mrs. Edwyd should eat that! People will come out, just to smell this pie, I guarantee it. And don't be surprised when people try to snatch it away, it happens every year."

Edwyd's face grows serious. "Your job is to keep it safe from the pie snatchers, but don't hurt them! These folks are my customers, and I won't have my name tarnished by rowdy adventurers." Edwyd pauses, allowing that to sink in. After a moment, the gleam returns to his eyes, "You see, this is an excellent marketing opportunity. Joe here's got free food, but if you don't mind me saying so Joe, I'm the best chef in town." Joe shouts, "That you are, Ed, that you are!" One of Joe's regulars whoops. "Right. But it's tough to compete with free, and this pie is proof of my prowess. I don't think it's a worry with you gent's, but no using magic to get from here to there. The parade's good for business."

Edwyd smiles broadly again. "And one last thing, maybe the most important. I love my missus dearly, and this whole parade is really in her honor. So once you get to my house, I want one of you, just one!, to politely knock on my door and present her the pie with a regal bow."

"Right then, you got all that? You'll get your coin when you get back. It's a short walk, shouldn't take too long."

Attachments

• Orussus Parade Route.jpg
    Orussus Parade Route.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 84

Wik

First Post
Galwynn peers at the map, and then hands it to the priest Rathan. Quietly, in a whisper, he says "Sounds good. But I'm no priest." He fingers the Claymore in his hand, and then smirks. "So, we're running a PR campaign? Good to know."

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Hmmmm...understood. I shall use my powers to convince those most ardent to seek elsewhere for their own pastry rather than absconding with your pie...." Saithnar comments. "When do we begin this journey?" he asks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads