City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lot

First Post
Lokin looks at the larger pot, then at the smaller one he is involved in. With a sigh, he rolls a two and a six. He tosses a coin in and turns his attention back to Valan.

"Looks like nature called just when the game was getting interested. Oh well, after I win the small pot I can get in on the bigger game."

He looks at the others at the table.

"I think some of you might have joined up while I was away from the table. My name is Lokin Barnwill. I used to be a swordsman, but with the job drought, I've become a professional drunk," he says as he takes a sip from yet another ale.

Richard Rawen

First Post
Lot said:
"I think some of you might have joined up while I was away from the table. My name is Lokin Barnwill. I used to be a swordsman, but with the job drought, I've become a professional drunk," he says as he takes a sip from yet another ale.

Richard is taking another pull on his ale when he hears Lokin's comment. Frowning down at his drink he sets it down at the table and slowly rises.
His frown turns to a smile as he turns to Rinya and Rowan, "I think I'll step over to the guards practice area, swing some steel for a bit... holler if the world starts ending." Finishing with a small smirk, the warrior strides up the stairs and soon returns in his standard battle gear. Walking down the stairs he observes the size of the pile of gold coin on the table below.
Beginning with a bit of a falter, his voice strengthens quickly, carrying over the din and perhaps a bit louder than he had intended... "I don't suppose any of you'd be interested in making a loan, wouldya?" The look on the young human's face speaks volumes, he's serious - and embarrassed - to make the plea. "I need about a hundred an'two crowns to finish paying for a new sword... and something tells me I'm gonna need it for what's coming."
The fighter stands at the landing of the stairs, somewhat nervous with so many eyes on him.

Patlin

Explorer
Ironwolf aproaches Nurlan again now that the dwarves have found other distractions.

"What do you say? Would you be willing to popularize the exploits of my friend Hulgyr during your travels? I'd be happy to provide 30 gold for your trouble... not much for a bard of your talents, I admit. I had anticipated finding a bard younger in the trade."

ethandrul

First Post
I think that coming north to find adventure may have been a mistake. perhaps I should get a job, maybe I could start a llama farm- I hear that's a great business to get into-

Creamsteak

Explorer
ethandrul said:
I think that coming north to find adventure may have been a mistake. perhaps I should get a job, maybe I could start a llama farm- I hear that's a great business to get into-
Gur Chuck-Chuck giggles go himself.

Erekose13

Explorer
Eternity has been silent, largely due to the antagonistic nature of the discussion earlier, but when Ironwolf approaches Nurlan again she joins him. "I'd be willing to help my friend Hulgyr and support your career if you are interested."

TheOcho

First Post
Richard Rawen said:
Richard is taking another pull on his ale when he hears Lokin's comment. Frowning down at his drink he sets it down at the table and slowly rises.
His frown turns to a smile as he turns to Rinya and Rowan, "I think I'll step over to the guards practice area, swing some steel for a bit... holler if the world starts ending." Finishing with a small smirk, the warrior strides up the stairs and soon returns in his standard battle gear. Walking down the stairs he observes the size of the pile of gold coin on the table below.
Beginning with a bit of a falter, his voice strengthens quickly, carrying over the din and perhaps a bit louder than he had intended... "I don't suppose any of you'd be interested in making a loan, wouldya?" The look on the young human's face speaks volumes, he's serious - and embarrassed - to make the plea. "I need about a hundred an'two crowns to finish paying for a new sword... and something tells me I'm gonna need it for what's coming."
The fighter stands at the landing of the stairs, somewhat nervous with so many eyes on him.

After hearing the warrior Maladar says to the other dice players, a little to loudly, "Seems to be strange time to ask for such a sizable chunk of gold. Seeing as how something could easily happen to the borrower leaving a loss for the lender. Not to mention if the lender happens to get the short end of the stick and end up as somethings dinner. Or worse." Realizing the room was whisper quite after he said that he slightly blushes. "Good sir I did not mean that in a bad way." Although feeling bad for him Maladar sees a possibility of making a few extra gold and motions the warrior over to the table. "I am new here and have not been able to prove myself a honorable man. However I do have some knowledge of transactions and would be willing to help you a bit. Of course I am unable to lend you the full amount you request but I can make a sizable dent in the monies you need. This would of course have some interest attached to it. Nothing to fret over and my terms would be more than handsome. Of course as I said previously in this type of business we are in lending money has its drawbacks. If you are interested in hearing the terms and the amount I could lend out please let me know."

[sblock=ooc]
I am serious in lending some gold to you even though one of us could forseebly end up dead from the big adventure that should start soon if not another adventure. So Maladar is not trying to rip you off thats why I did not try and roll anything like a bluff check. If interested I would be able to front 75g to you and I was thinking at 10% interest over 30 real days. So if you wanted to do business you would owe me 82g 5s after a month. I think that should be fair and give you more than enough time to pay back the loan with interest. I could go higher but I would cap it at 90g. I am betting on the dice game and I haven't won yet so I would like to keep a cushion. Also I think if something happens to Maladar then Joe should get the gold to help run the Inn or help some other adventurer out that is in need.[/sblock]

jaker2003

Explorer
OoC:

TheOcho said:
[sblock=ooc]
I am serious in lending some gold to you even though one of us could forseebly end up dead from the big adventure that should start soon if not another adventure. So Maladar is not trying to rip you off thats why I did not try and roll anything like a bluff check. If interested I would be able to front 75g to you and I was thinking at 10% interest over 30 real days. So if you wanted to do business you would owe me 82g 5s after a month. I think that should be fair and give you more than enough time to pay back the loan with interest. I could go higher but I would cap it at 90g. I am betting on the dice game and I haven't won yet so I would like to keep a cushion. Also I think if something happens to Maladar then Joe should get the gold to help run the Inn or help some other adventurer out that is in need.[/sblock]
I think the assumption is that Joe has infinite funding; he charges heeps of gold from everyone who advertises for adventurers here (though nobody mentions how much).

TheOcho

First Post
jaker2003 said:
I think the assumption is that Joe has infinite funding; he charges heeps of gold from everyone who advertises for adventurers here (though nobody mentions how much).

ooc: I was thinking the other adventerer to help out would be Maladars younger brother seeking revenge :D
Of course I also started thinking about making another PC using the Expert class and making him a banker/crafter. Of course at lvl 1 he would be unable to open a shop and also have funding to help people out. Maybe once Maladar is well known and has a tidy nest egg itching to be spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases