City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*A human woman follows the half-elf into the inn. Her red-gold hair frames a beautiful face, with eyes that seem to gaze into your soul and judge your inner qualities.*

"It is as Rinya says. A great dragon has told us as much. Greetings friends, I am Lasair."

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan McTavish has returned, reluctantly, to the Red Dragon Inn. Though not a large man, he is powerfully built, and carries a small arsonal of weapons. A greatsword, quiver and thick composite bow on his back. A flail, longsword and a dagger on his waist. A shiny breastplate on his chest. He is hansome in his way, with even features, thick black, unruly hair, and intelligent eyes. In his hand he carries a bag

Spot check DC 8
[sblock]The back has the words "Orussus Library" stenciled on it.[/sblock]

"Oh." Rowan glances around the crowded, lively tavern. "Have to introduce myself, do I?" he mutters. "Rowan McTavish." He says softly.

He smiles at Rinya, but heads towards the quietest spot he can find to sit and nurse his ale. He pulls several books out of his bag and sets out to read.
Spot DC 15 [sblock] The books are: The Dragonpedia, Arcane Secrets for the Uninitiated, and Ten Pick-up Lines She Can't Resist.[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
Galwynn stands to his feet. "A great evil!? Dragons? My blade is yours!"

Realizing how inept and "new" he sounds, Galwynn blushes and sits back down. "um, what i mean is..."

Solange

First Post
Rapture's attention turn to the ones entering the tavern. She listens as they speak of dragons and a coming evil. "Ladies, m'lord," she says to the newcomers, "if indeed you spoke with a dragon and have returned, then that is good news. But the word you carry with you is bad indeed."

She sets down her glass of wine and rises from her chair, statuesque in her own right. "My name is Rapture, and if there is any assistance I can offer to ward off this coming evil, then I will give it gladly."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"It is a nice dragon, so we were never in danger from it. The bulette, however, was a different story. As for the danger, the dragon said to stay put, gather our forces, and be vigilant. We will hear of it in due time."

(OOC: Something big is brewing from me. I need my durned first adventure in LEW to finish first :lol: They're slow)

Solange

First Post
Rapture looks slightly embarrassed, but manages to hide it quickly. "Oh, well, forgive me for assuming then m'lady. Still, tis good to make it back from a journey, is it not?"

She looks at her chair and then Keldar, and looks about ready to say something, before she smiles and sits again. She demurely grabs her wine glass again and takes a small sip.

"Please m'lady, if you don't mind, I'd love to hear the story of such a grand adventure where you meet a dragon, and a friendly one at that!" She looks on at Lasair with excitement and wonder.

Someone

Adventurer
Heckler said:
"Ready yourselves, some great evil is preparing to strike."

"Are they bandits? I've been waiting for bandits since I arrived here. Everyone's had bandits but me"

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Lasair nods and takes a seat.*

"As I was heading back from saving the Lady Niobe of Earling from kidnappers--but that's a different story!--I encountered Rinya and her comrades battling some of the walking dead. Apparently, a rogue necromancer and his wicked knight ally had conjured up the spirits of 'ogres' and 'kobolds' that had departed and become one with the ziivash. Though the knight escaped, the undead were returned to their eternal rest, no thanks to me."

"We then discovered the keep of Lord Westmoreland, who had been attacked by the bulette after he had taken his men to fight it like a brave clan chief of his people. The bulette ambushed us as we searched for the lord. My companions tried to attack the bulette, but its hide proved nigh-impervious to their attacks, so I assaulted its mind. Angered by this, it burrowed underground and came for me from out of sight. I steeled myself and prepared one final attack. Just as its jaws and claws were about to close upon me, I battered its mind and left it in a coma. My companions killed the helpless creature, and..."

"That is when the dragon swooped down. It was a mighty creature. It was almost all I could do to stare in awe. He had a half-dragon son along with him. They warned of a great darkness and bade us gather our allies for the coming onslaught..."

Bogre

First Post
"Great Evil? What's a great evil?" Kest places his hands over his lap, looking over towards the red-haired half-elf with a skeptical expression on his face.

"Sounds like an exaggeration!"

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads