City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trouvere

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
"As for the danger, the dragon said to stay put, gather our forces, and be vigilant. We will hear of it in due time."
"Oh good," says Keldar Warbray, "there's always a great evil around the corner; it's nice to have one that will come to us without a lot of wandering about in the wilderness searching for it."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"It is best not to remain complacent. There will always be evil lurking just beyond our sight. It is our duty to be vigilant. If we are lucky, the dragon's prophesied doom shall not come to pass for many moons."

B4cchus

Explorer
Talbin also turns his attention to Lasair "Dragons you say. Hmmm.. interesting" and thinks Dragons supposed to have huge treasure hoards. With lot's of shinies Very interresting!

Trouvere

Explorer
"Not for many moons? Then there's time for Keldar to have another few drinks, before he and the Keldarians set things right." He indicates some of the people sitting nearby. "My companions, devoted followers or new hangers-on: the lovely lady Rapture, whom you've met, Covis the bane of bandits" - he waves to Nodis across the room - "and... um... woodsy guy with a snake, short beardy guy, halfling-who-strangely-never-talks, and unkempt grumpy fellow who is tight with his money and does not appreciate good singing." He looks pointedly at Galwynn.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I see...there is no way to say for certain. It could be tomorrow. Or today," Lasair shrugs, "The Keldarians--is that like a clan you have formed?"

Trouvere

Explorer
"Oh, nothing so grand as that. Just a name for those who are fortunate enough to adventure with Keldar Warbray," he replies, then, contriving to look weary of repetition, "yes, the Keldar Warbray... basilisk tamer, horse-puncher - I will say no more about that, Rapture, except that the paladin was asking for it - and object of desire for several very large women. Although, perhaps, Rapture, you are right, and Keldarites would be better. Certainly, it would be easier for the bards to find rhymes."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I see. That sounds a bit...self-indulgent. People can sense the vhal of a man with great vhal just by his presence and bearing. He does not use such trappings to play it up, as to flaunt it would be to lessen it..." Lasair sighs, "But perhaps it is yet another difference in the way the Westerners think. I must admit, of those I have met in my journeys, Carsis, the man with the greatest vhal, was considered a scoundrel by his own kin for his choice, though he chose for them..."

Trouvere

Explorer
"No, no, Keldar is nothing if not a modest man. I'm just thinking of the poor wordsmiths. What's all this about calf meat?" asks Keldar, baffled.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Calf? Is that a type of 'fish' here like the water-bulettes? Where I come from, a calf is part of your leg."

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
"A fish that's part of your leg? Oh, you mean the sole. I... still don't get you," says Keldar.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads