City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"M'lady," she says to Lasair, "You speak of strange things like ziivash and vhal," she manages to make a fair first attempt at pronouncing the two words, "Yet you seem unaware of some common fish. Forgive me for asking, but where did you travel from? The world is vast and tis a pleasure to hear not only of grand adventures but far off lands that I might only dream of visiting."

"I come from the east, near the Fire Tower, where water such as you have here is a but a dream," Lasair explains, "I must admit, as jaw-dropping as it was to see a dragon, a creature out of legend, it would be even more amazing to see one of those water-bulettes--'sharaks' are they?--as those are creatures not even in our legends but out of the wildest dreams of the feverish."

Solange

First Post
Trouvere said:
"Ah, yes, sharaks," says Keldar. "Some, I have heard, send burning rays of light from their heads."
"I think she means sharks m... Keldar," Rapture says. "I've not seen one myself, but I've heard that there are such creatures as whales that are bigger than ships," she ponders her audience, "or some buildings."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Wails also? I had thought it a jest before, but truly the western lands do have a fish for every word. In our land, to wail is to cry loudly. Alright let me see...there must be some word that is not a fish--you must not have fish named after weapons. Spear? Sword? Pike?"

Trouvere

Explorer
"Ohhhhh, sharks, right. No light beams there. You can get those down near the docks, at the fish market, small ones at least. Quite tasty. We... I... used to eat a lot of fish when I was a child, growing up."

Richard Rawen

First Post
A bulky young human enters the inn. He seems to have traveled a ways, from his dirty, road-worn appearance, and is obviously a fighter from his worn breastplate, and an array of weapons... Bastard-sword and heavy shield ride with a brace of javelins on his back, a morningstar on his hip and daggers strapped to handy locations here and there.
He seems to focus on the woman speaking of fish... to find Lasair engaged in another conversation that isn't quite making sense, at least to him.
Rystil Arden said:
"Wails also? I had thought it a jest before, but truly the western lands do have a fish for every word. In our land, to wail is to cry loudly. Alright let me see...there must be some word that is not a fish--you must not have fish named after weapons. Spear? Sword? Pike?"
Trouvere said:
"Ohhhhh, sharks, right. No light beams there. You can get those down near the docks, at the fish market, small ones at least. Quite tasty. We... I... used to eat a lot of fish when I was a child, growing up."
'sharks... light beams? what the...??'
With a slight frown, the boyish faced young man decides to just move on...

"Richard Rawen, glad to be back," says the young human. Proceeding into the inn, he calls to his friends. "Rinya, Rowan, did you guys fill them in on the Dragon?" Moving towards the bar, Richard seems to be looking for someone in the crowd.

Last edited:

Heckler

First Post
Someone said:
"Wait, now that I think on it you mentioned a half-dragon too. I don't understand that. Was it the right half, or the left half? Or was it hollow, or just very small?"

"He seemed for the most part a normal man, but he had wings like a dragon. Which reminds me, the dragon was looking for his grandson, Tor. Does anyone know him, or where he is?"

Richard Rawen said:
"Rinya, Rowan, did you guys fill them in on the Dragon?"

Rinya greets Richard and responds, "Yes, but somehow the conversation quickly turned to fish. I don't understand people sometimes. I think we should take Lasair fishing someday. If her magic can stop a landshark, imagine what she could do to fish."

Bogre

First Post
Heckler said:
"And, Kest, if you doubt my words, bear in mind I am telling you what the dragon told us. If you have a problem with that, you should take that up with him."

"But you might be lying! Or exaggerating. Or whoever that person you talked to is a liar. Or exaggerating. Or stupid. Besides, it sounds foolish."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Do you impugn the vhal of Rinya, my companion?" Lasair asks, an eyebrow raised, "She speaks the truth, and it is what we all know. To call her words lies is to impugn the vhal of Richard, Lucien, Rowan, and myself as well. Be careful what you say--some would not take kindly to such implications."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads