City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

B4cchus

Explorer
"If you ask me, adventure usually finds it's way to this inn and that's no accident! Everyone knows that this is the place to get some adventurers willing to face big dangers for great rewards! Ansers Talbin. "Besides, Joe also serves the best stew for miles around! Except maybe my mother's stew. But she soesn't just serve it to anybody. Well maybe anybody who asks nicely but then you'd have to go ask herself, cause i'm not sure if she'd just give it away to anybody who asks. She does usually make enough for almost a week so she could miss some plates to fill someone else's tummy..."

Richard Rawen

First Post
Richard sighs contentedly as he pushes away from his third bowl of stew, stretching his long heavy frame, still rattling with armor and gear. He turns to Rinya, [sblock=Rinya - Unsure about listen check DC if anyone cares]"I'm off to clean the road from my hide, are you goin up now or later? Reason I ask is, just let me know if you need me to come back down and keep an ear open for you... not sure if we're travellin together still, or where the hades Lucien got to, but we seem to get on pretty well as a team so I'll gladly march with ya if somethin else comes along... Great Evil or otherwise." Smiling slightly, Richard will await the Elves' reply and then go upstairs for a soak.[/sblock] Then he heads upstairs, placing his weapons in the rack methodically, having forgotten he was still wearing them until now.

Last edited:

Heckler

First Post
Bogre said:
"Well no...I just think everyone's gettin' twice too excited just about some rumors, thats all."

"And I find it odd that you can so easily dismiss a warning given by a dragon. But to each their own, just don't come crying to me when the Great Evil shows up and you've fouled your trousers."

Rinya turns to Richard and responds...
[sblock=Richard(and Lucien) - Unsure about listen check DC if anyone cares ]"I'll stay down here for a while. And of course I want to keep traveling with you, you're one of the few people who'll put up with me. And Lucien too, I don't know where he ran off too. Go get your rest, I'll come find you if a job comes along."

ooc: Were you intersted in the "Orc War" adventure Manz is recruiting for? I don't figure we've good odds on getting in as we've just gotten back and they're people who've been waiting months for something to come along, but I figure it couldn't hurt to throw our names in the hat. I was hoping to keep you, me and Lucien together but I didn't want to speak for you guys without permission. I'll talk to Dungannon and see what's up with him.[/sblock]

As Richard leaves Joe serves Rinya her catfish special.

Trouvere

Explorer
B4cchus said:
"If you ask me, adventure usually finds it's way to this inn and that's no accident! Everyone knows that this is the place to get some adventurers willing to face big dangers for great rewards! Ansers Talbin. "Besides, Joe also serves the best stew for miles around! Except maybe my mother's stew. But she soesn't just serve it to anybody. Well maybe anybody who asks nicely but then you'd have to go ask herself, cause i'm not sure if she'd just give it away to anybody who asks. She does usually make enough for almost a week so she could miss some plates to fill someone else's tummy..."
"Interesting," says Keldar. "How would you like halfling stew, Kurgahz?" he asks of the large half-orc at the bar.

Richard Rawen

First Post
Heckler said:
Rinya turns to Richard and responds...
. . .
[sblock=Rinya - Unsure about listen check DC if anyone cares ]"I'd say it goes both ways on putting up with one another," Richard Smiles broadly and continues, "I have no idea where Lucien got to, was hoping he'd stick with us as well."

ooc: Yeah, sounds good, Richard has a bit of a grudge where Orcs are concerned, though he has tried real hard to take his foster parents advice and forgive & forget.
If that doesn't work out, Rich will be down shortly and Rinya can get cleaned up and we can be all pretty and presentable to the next DM... erm, Plot Hoo... uh... Good soul needing adventurers to help with a quest... yeah, that's it!
Dungannon is fine with me, fun to adventure with and the extra muscle leads to more challenging fun![/sblock]

Heckler

First Post
[sblock=Richard ooc]We're too slow, he's already decided on some else. Guess its time to get comfy and wait. :) [/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Trouvere said:
"Interesting," says Keldar. "How would you like halfling stew, Kurgahz?" he asks of the large half-orc at the bar.
Raising one eyebrow at the strange question, Kurgahz thinks for a moment before rumbling a response, "Well now, I'm not sure as I've never had it before that I know of. Although what those orcs were feeding me while I was their prisoner, I couldn't exactly identify. But I'd imagine it would be a little stringy and tough. And it would still probably talk your ears off even after being cooked..."

Solange

First Post
Trouvere said:
Rapture fails to hide her revulsion of that thought, which sends shivers down her spine. "I sure hope that's not served here."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
rln said:
As Razh nudges Ogrin, he wakes up from the table he's slumped over. "Wha!? Who! Yerr nuthin' but a... Oh. Hi Razh. How did we end up here? Last thing I remember, ýou were armwrestling... perhaps that was here? Ay ay ay... my head hurts..."
Rasereit grins as his friend comes to. "Aye, 'twas quite a while ago, mate. Ye got a hangover? 'Ere, lemme get ye a dwarven cure me own mother taught me." Rasereit waves Joe over and asks for something in a gruff whisper. The bartender, finished serving Rinya, nods curtly and stoically pours a double shot of some hard liquor. "There ye go, mate, the blacksmith beatin' in yer brain'll be snoozin' in no time!"

Staying by Ogrin, Razh muses aloud to his friend. "So while ye were out... actually, about the time yer 'ead hit the bar, Ah think... Ah was talkin' to a man o' the Northern Mountains. Got me t'thinkin', maybe it's time Ah head back up there, see if there's somethin' t'be done for the ol' Vundinn clan territories under the Mountains. An' then Lasair and company came rompin' in 'ere talkin' o' dragons and a 'great evil' up north. Sounds like a hoppin' place t'be right nah, wouldn't ye say? If Ah went, Ah'd sure enjoy the company of another battle-proven Mongrellite like yerself, mate. 'Tis a bit of a trek, though. Took me years t'work me own way south, though Ah wasn't lookin' t'get anywhere specific." If Ogrin hasn't started on his drink yet, Razh will grab it and finish it for him. Otherwise, he'll get his own shot from Joe. In a conversational tone, Rasereit continues on a tangent, "'Ow's yer ship doin'? Any business, or d'ye just keep it 'ere in port?"

[sblock=OOC: ]Good to have you back, rln![/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
Phoenix8008 said:
Raising one eyebrow at the strange question, Kurgahz thinks for a moment before rumbling a response, "Well now, I'm not sure as I've never had it before that I know of. Although what those orcs were feeding me while I was their prisoner, I couldn't exactly identify. But I'd imagine it would be a little stringy and tough. And it would still probably talk your ears off even after being cooked..."
Keldar begins to laugh: "Made by, not from!" But hearing Kurgahz's response, he stops short. Slowly, tentatively, he slaps the half-orc's shoulder, as high as he can reach. "A prisoner of an orc tribe? You have my sympathy. I am glad you found your freedom."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads