Did you used to play the game You Bastard!?.. I want to bring it back! check this out

Rathan

First Post
Forthose of you that played and now miss the now retired game You Bastard! please visit this link to this thread and give me a post... I miss that game... I spent alot of time having fun with many people playing that addictive game!

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=192365

stop by and drop me a post.. I implore you!

Last edited:

Kae'Yoss

First Post
What is this You Bastard and why is it named after the greatest Mathematician on the Discworld?

How do you play it? Do you torture your players until they loudly exclaim "YOU BASTARD!"? Oh, wait, no, that was You Rat Bastard. ;)

Rathan

First Post
it was complicated.. and yet not so.... you can class ladders to climb.. and the concept was that we had a move genarator.. with many diffrent attacks and defences with animal and plant and things of that ilk randomly generated into the karate like moves... those partisipating would then flavor there moves up with a bit of Pbp rp posting.. and the judge (whoever would come by and see the thread and offer to judge the match) would then look at both opponents moves and which ever made more sense... or looked better.. or whomevers move attacked or defended better would be declared the winner of said round and would be awarded a flag.... matches would have a number of flags to win.. agreed apon by both patisapants apon beginning the "battle"..... there was more to it.. but only little things.... it was a great way to pass the time and a great alternative to regular rpg gaming.... the reason it died I think is we.... kinda tried to make it TOO complicated with revisions and updates to the game.... if and when talks further about resurecting it.... I would like to keep it simple this time more like the days of your.. when the game was new... great questions though... thanks for being intrested :)

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
I remember the game vaguely, but I don't think I played it much, more of a spectator Something with kung fu move name generators....it was pretty awesome, IIRC. :D

You could always just start it up afresh. Post some rules, start a thread, and see who jumps on board!

Rathan

First Post
one problem with that though.. I don't have the knowhow to make a move generator like we had before.... if I had someone or a group of someones willing to help me out.. I could remake or newly make the 'classes' and tiers of said 'classes' again.... if and when I get that... I'd be able to give it a shot..... untill then.... I'm hosed for the time being heh

Remove ads