WotC April Fool's Articles discussion

Glyfair

Explorer
I'm surprised more people aren't discussing this (maybe they aren't used to Sunday updates at WotC).

The Avenger is a completely usable article. True, it's not very hard to do, but I would consider allowing this in my game.

The Head of Vecna takes the internet spread story and develops it into something that is almost usable.

Ask Wizards Stumpers just shows that some people will ask the dumbest questions ;)

Creatures That Cannot Be II is another completely usable article, unless you are a completely rules anal DM ("Vampiric vine horror? How completely unrealistic, it isn't humanoid").

Future Products is certainly a bone thrown to the miniatures group. However, I might consider looking at the Complete Riding Dog.

Wizards to Broaden D&D Licensing has the eminently possible Monopoly: There and Then Edition. So, are the railroads the S-series modules or are they the mountain named moduesl? What is the Electric Company (maybe the dungeon board game?)

Agamon

Adventurer
Hey, the avenger is actually kinda cool. One of my players really wants to be an assassin, but I frown on the evil PCs. Hmmmm...

Last edited:

Razz

Banned
Banned
The Avenger makes no sense. Well, it does, but there's nothing unique about it. I was kinda hoping for something unique with its class abilities. It's the exact same thing with the Assassin except for the prerequisites (which is the same except for two things) and the text.

The joke is definitely on us. We got something we could've done ourselves in, like, 2 minutes.

Agamon

Adventurer
Razz said:
The Avenger makes no sense. Well, it does, but there's nothing unique about it. I was kinda hoping for something unique with its class abilities. It's the exact same thing with the Assassin except for the prerequisites (which is the same except for two things) and the text.

The joke is definitely on us. We got something we could've done ourselves in, like, 2 minutes.

That's what makes it kinda humorous. The fact the thought never came to me to rethink assassin that way is what makes it interesting.

Agamon

Adventurer
Ah, I now have a new generic response to anyone that posts that 2E is cool:

The 2nd edition Monstrous Manual entry for the tarrasque ends with the sentence: "Note: Creatures with a minus THAC0 can only be hit on a 1."

:lol:

Remove ads