9th level maneuvers

Which of these 9th level maneuvers would you take?

• Tornado Throw

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Five Shadow Creeping Ice and stuff

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Mountain Tombstone Strike

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Feral Death Blow

Votes: 9 25.0%

Egres

First Post
Which of these 9th level maneuvers would you take if you were forced to take only one of them, and why?

Last edited:

Nifft

Penguin Herder
The one with the coolest name: Five Shadow Creeping Ice and stuff!

They're all pretty good, though these are most limited in application: I'd frankly prefer Time Stands Still.

Cheers, -- N

zeb.hillard

First Post
Time Stands Still, but since there is a lacking of that on the board, Creeping Five Palm Ultimate Dragon Striking Cobra Fist of Flaming Punch of Enervating Death!

...or...whatever it's called...

Victim

First Post
If you have Imp Trip (or similar bonus), a friendly who uses battle field control spells, or both, then Tornado Throw could be sweet. Toss foes into whatever ongoing area spells your casters have set up, drop folks prone in front of your nastiest fighters, bunch enemies up for an area attack. And you do some damage on each toss.

Since Mountain Tombstone has no prereqs, it's a good second or third 9th level move.

Eloi

First Post
Mountain Tombstone. No pre-reqs, and the second-best name. :)

You can spend a lot of time building up requisites to some of these end-game maneuvers, and it's good to have one that you could just take on a whim, "Tired of all this Shadow stuff - I want a wallop."

Nifft

Penguin Herder
hong said:
But for 9th level, mountain tombstone strike. No save!

Isn't the "save" any Immediate effect that takes you off the ground?
Man, now I want to play an Elocator who hunts Stone Dragon users... :]

Cheers, -- N

hong

WotC's bitch
Nifft said:
Isn't the "save" any Immediate effect that takes you off the ground?

Of which there aren't many... and you can use similar counters against the others. Still doesn't negate the fact there's no save.

Remove ads