Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi (OOC Thread)

possum

First Post
It is roughly 4,000 years before the Galactic Civil began in earnest, and the Republic is about to unwittingly enter another war. Thought dead for a thousand years, the enigmatic and evil Sith are about to resurface.

Ghosts of a nearly forgotten cult, the Sith Lord Freedon Nadd's descendents on the planet Onderon practice the Dark Side unbeknowst to the Jedi Order. It would only take a slight spark to ignite the galaxy in the first major war in a millennium.

Meanwhile, on the temperate planet of Selvernos, Caamasi Jedi Master Mikos Thy'Wen teaches a small group of four Padawans the ways of the Force. Summoned to Ossus for an assignment, Thy'Wen and his students prepare to go off into the galaxy....

Game Rules

*I need four lvl. 5 Jedi characters. It doesn't matter all that much what the build is, as long as all five levels are in Jedi/Force User classes. No one should be in jeopardy of falling to Dark Side at this time, however.
*Players are to use 32 point buy to create their characters.
*Books Allowed: Any Revised or Original Core Rules
*If you have any questions on the era, don't hesitate to ask.

Last edited:

Ambrus

Explorer
Are aliens from the Ultimate Alien Anthology allowed? I've had a hankering to play a spiritual Neti Jedi Consular for a while.

Ambrus

Explorer
Well, could my character just carry a brain around in jar? Nothing fancy; just a brain. :p

Alright, thanks. I'll try stating one up this evening.

Rhun

First Post
I would love to get in on this game. The KotOR era is about my favorite. I can put together a PC this weekend. I only have the RCR, so my PC will probably be a bit basic, though.

possum

First Post
Ambrus said:
Well, could my character just carry a brain around in jar? Nothing fancy; just a brain.

Alright, thanks. I'll try stating one up this evening.

I may actually put one of the brain in a jar characters in as a cameo later on...

Rhun said:
I would love to get in on this game. The KotOR era is about my favorite. I can put together a PC this weekend. I only have the RCR, so my PC will probably be a bit basic, though.

Um... This isn't Knights of the Old Republic, it's Tales of the Jedi. KotOR takes place about 40 years after the events that are going to take place in the game. And somehow, in those 40 years, a massive technological revolution happened in that timespan (actually, 20 years.) Don't worry, though, there isn't a major difference in things.

What's Different Between TotJ and the Prequel Trilogy?

*Romantic relationships are not banned at the time being. There are documented cases of Jedi being married and having children without having to hide the fact

*One Master, One Padawan (the Jedi Rule of Two) doesn't exist yet, nor does a centralized training system like we see in Ep. 1-3. Jedi Masters set up shop on a planet and train as many students as they see fit to.

*The Coruscant Jedi Temple apparently does exist, but the main base of operations for the Jedi is the Library on Ossus.

*Force users seem to be more powerful, but this could be a showing of the author's own views on the subject of a Jedi's power.

*It's also 3,000 years before the Rule of Two came into effect...

Rhun

First Post
possum said:
IUm... This isn't Knights of the Old Republic, it's Tales of the Jedi. KotOR takes place about 40 years after the events that are going to take place in the game. And somehow, in those 40 years, a massive technological revolution happened in that timespan (actually, 20 years.) Don't worry, though, there isn't a major difference in things.

Cool...as long as it is back before the Rule of Two, I'm good with it. Nothing better than fighting scads of Dark Jedi! :D

Ambrus

Explorer
A few questions:

The Neti's entry in wookieepedia states that "roughly four thousand years before the Battle of Yavin, a supernova destroyed the Neti's home planet." Do you know when exactly this event might have occurred in relation to the Tales of the Jedi era?

What differences in technology are there in this era? What type of starting funds / equipment should our characters begin with?

Do you have any intention of switching over to the Saga edition rules when they come out? How often do you intend to post and how long do you want to run the campaign for?

ByteRynn

First Post
I would love to get in on this as I have most of the books, but few chances to use them.

I am thinking it would be fun to play a Zeltron (or human if you say no to Zeltron) Jedi Guardian who views himself as something of a romantic Knight Errant of the Jedi.

Jahn:

Jahn believes the force comes from all life-and especially all of the powerfully good emotions, feelings, and experiences of life. Jahn believes a Jedi's discipline should not be focused towards surpressing one's emotions, but rather towards ensuring that only the correct emotions are ever being expressed and acted upon. Those correct emotions, of course, are expressed in the playful flirtations with the galaxy's fair damsels, and in the gratitude one recieves when a good deed is done. Jahn does the work of the Jedi, using his Saber and his Senses to make as many in the Galaxy feel the emotions that make up the Light Side of the Force.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases