Half-Orcs and Prestige Classes

garyh

First Post
Something I've noticed after leafing through my copies of the WOTC class books (SaF, DotF, TaB, SaS, MotW) for the 100th time each:

Where are all the PrCs appropriate for Half-Orcs?

I mean, unless you want to be an eye-gouging Gruumsh-lover, you're kinda stuck.

Am I wrong? Thoughts?

Crothian

First Post
garyh said:
Something I've noticed after leafing through my copies of the WOTC class books (SaF, DotF, TaB, SaS, MotW) for the 100th time each:

Where are all the PrCs appropriate for Half-Orcs?

I mean, unless you want to be an eye-gouging Gruumsh-lover, you're kinda stuck.

Am I wrong? Thoughts?

It depends on what type of half orc your playing. Or are you referring to classes built specifically for the race like Dwarven defender is for Dwarfs?

arwink

Clockwork Golem
Their whichever prestige classes you choose to give to the orcs. The Eye-gouging grumsh lover thing is just the WotC idea of orcs, but you can go through and limit nearly any kind of prestige class to orcs (or any other race) and make it theirs.

Really though, there isn't much more than one or two classes associated with a particular race, cept maybe elves.

garyh

First Post
It depends on what type of half orc your playing. Or are you referring to classes built specifically for the race like Dwarven defender is for Dwarfs?

I just mean something that might make sense with a HO, not just exclusive "Dwarven Defender" race types.

garyh

First Post
i think the animal lord from motw can work really well!

I thought that might be a good one too... but it's one of the rare ones.

Now try finding something - ANYTHING - in DotF. :D Maybe Templar.... that's about it.

Crothian

First Post
garyh said:

I just mean something that might make sense with a HO, not just exclusive "Dwarven Defender" race types.

Loremaster makes sense with the right half orc. Lasher makes sense for the right half orc. Shifter makes sense for the right half orc. I think we need to know what your version of the half orc is like

garyh

First Post
I think we need to know what your version of the half orc is like

It's not that I have a specific character in mind (I'm currently looking for a game in Sacramento). It's that most of them don't make much sense for a Half-Orc.

As an example - let's take TaB. The classes in there that I think "fit" are Acolyte of the Skin, Blood Magus, and Dragon Disciple. (The Spellsword might work, though the Heavy Armor req makes Barb/(Sorc or Wiz) less workable.) 3 of 15... to me, that seems low. Maybe I'm wrong. It's been know to happen. :p

Crothian

First Post
garyh said:

It's not that I have a specific character in mind (I'm currently looking for a game in Sacramento). It's that most of them don't make much sense for a Half-Orc.

As an example - let's take TaB. The classes in there that I think "fit" are Acolyte of the Skin, Blood Magus, and Dragon Disciple. (The Spellsword might work, though the Heavy Armor req makes Barb/(Sorc or Wiz) less workable.) 3 of 15... to me, that seems low.

Most prestige classes are disned for certain character concepts. Not races or classes. Now some favor certain races or classes but one of the basic ideas for prestige classes was that they could be used by any race, any class.

I think you might have a too narrow view on a half orc. Half orcs can be anything any other race can.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases