Complete Idiot's Guide to Character Creation.(for D&D 3.5)

shilsen

Adventurer
Imaro said:
www.amazon.com/Complete-Creating-Dungeons-Dragons-Characters/dp/1592576885/

Just saw this...now I'll admit the complexity of creating a character has IMHO grown with the editions, but come on is it really this complicated? I'm kinda speechless on what exactly needing a book like this means. What do you guys think.
Wait a minute - weren't you complaining ad infinitum in another thread about how tough character creation is? If so, why do you have a problem with the book?

JoeGKushner

First Post
And the next time I see a "D&D isn't complicated." thread I'll be sure to have this and the two dummies books ready in addition to the various starter sets. :p

Hey, anything to help players out has potential.

Imaro

Legend
shilsen said:
Wait a minute - weren't you complaining ad infinitum in another thread about how tough character creation is? If so, why do you have a problem with the book?

That's just it part of me wants to think this is a joke...that there's no way it's really gotten this complicated and maybe I was exaggerating. Like I said in the other thread I do like D&D 3.x and I'm willing to listen to what others have to say, if you read the whole thread you refrence above you'll see near the end I was starting to agree with Molsen that it wasn't that complicated, though not as simple as earlier editions. Then I go over to the WotC boards and see this. A twenty dollar book that helps you make characters for a $30 PHB. This can't be the state of the game.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Don't underestimate an idiot's ability to fail to grasp simple concepts (like integral calculus, 3.0 psionic combat, or tax law) ;)

Razz

Banned
Banned
For a second I thought WotC was publishing this. Then I saw the 352 page count and realized "No, that's not WotC. They don't write that many pages anymore and haven't since the FRCS came out." And then I saw the publisher and was relieved.

But, yeah, there're a lot of dumb people out there who just "don't get it" and yet they still want to play D&D so that book was written just for that crowd of people...which is rather big.

diaglo

Adventurer
:w00t:

YaY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i've been hounding ((T)Ed Stark) WotC for years to do this. of course, i was calling it The Complete Idiot's Guide to d02 Roleplaying. but still....

woooHHHHhhhhOoooooo

JoeGKushner

First Post
Nightfall said:
Joe,

I'm beginning to suspect someone has been drugging your coffee. :p ;) You're way to happy about this. ;)

People I've played with have ranged from too lazy to read the rules to being such rules lawyers that they make me cry.

Anything to put the lazy on a semi-more equal fotting with the devious rules layers is a good thing.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases