[UPDATED - ASCENSION!] Blackdirge's "Metamorphosis - From Dretch to Demon Lord"

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
[imager]http://www.enworld.org/enpublishing/dlthumb.jpg[/imager]
DEATH OF A DEMON LORD the first novel in the acclaimed and long-awaited METMORPHOSIS trilogy by Aeryan "Blackdirge" Rudel, is now also available in PDF format (the softcover version is here).

Update: For those of you reading the Metamorphosis Trilogy, we have a sneak preview of Chapter 5 of the second book, The Tides of Chaos. You can download it here (430k PDF). The first book, Death of a Demon Lord, is available in both novel and "deluxe" formats from RPGNow (PDF) and ENP's print storefront (softcover). The Tides of Chaos The Tides of Chaos is now available for purchase - PDF version here and softcover version here.

EN Publishing has just acquired the rights to publish the popular Story Hour, Metamorphosis - From Dretch to Demon Lord, by the prolific critter-creator, Blackdirge. This will take the form of a trilogy of novels: Death of a Demon Lord, The Tides of Chaos, and Ascension. Included will be game stats, illustrations and more, and the novels will be available in both e-book and softcover editions. You can expect to see the first novel, Death of a Demon Lord, this summer - with the two sequels at roughly 3-month intervals.

We'll be producing two versions:
[imager]http://www.enworld.org/enpublishing/MET02N-Cover-webthumb.jpg[/imager]
1) A novel-sized version, with an appendix with game stats of Pyrak and Hedrenetherax. Available as a softcover only.

2) A letter-sized version, with illustrations, and loads of game stats presented as sidebars throughout the book, covering major characters, magic items, locations and spells. Available as a softcover or as a PDF.

We're looking forward to this - the first time, I believe, that a Story Hour has been published.

Death is only the beginning…

The wicked archmage Hazergal Redfist is dead, slain by the traitorous hand of his closest friend and confidant. The world rejoices as the tyrant mage’s empire comes crumbling down, ending two centuries of brutal tyranny and war. But fate has only begun to weave the twisted skein of Hazergal’s destiny, and as the light and warmth of life slip away, the former archmage finds himself on the bleak, demon-haunted planes of the Abyss, his soul condemned for all eternity.

Now a petitioner - the feeble soul shell from which all planar life is created - Hazergal is a shadow of his former self, seemingly bereft of the awesome power he commanded in life. [imager]http://www.enworld.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=32299&stc=1[/imager]Alone, defenseless, and beset by the fell inhabitants of the Abyss, Hazergal faces countless eons of torment and humiliation, his eternal reward for a lifetime of wickedness. But Hazergal soon realizes that he is different from the other abyssal petitioners. Memories of his former life remain, and in the deepest recesses of Hazergal’s soul a terrible power grows, a power that will propel him along a course no mortal has ever undertaken, ultimately leading to the pinnacle of fiendish might.

But such power is a bright beacon of opportunity to the terrible abyssal rulers, and Hazergal soon finds himself embroiled in the lethal politics of the chaotic plane. Forced to emulate the demonic inhabitants of the Abyss in both body and mind, Hazergal must navigate a treacherous landscape of chaos and evil aided only by a curious rogue devil, and his own formidable intellect. And although destruction and damnation awaits him at every turn, the faint specter of ultimate power beckons Hazergal on, as he makes the arduous climb from dretch to demonlord.

The softcover novel version of DEATH OF A DEMON LORD is now available!

The Tides of Chaos - PDF version here and softcover version here.

Ascension - PDF version here and softcover version here.

Attachments

• Metam01 Cover-thumb.jpg
    Metam01 Cover-thumb.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 872
  • Metam01 Back-thumb.jpg
    Metam01 Back-thumb.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 844
  • MET03N-Cover-thumbweb.jpg
    MET03N-Cover-thumbweb.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 12,717
Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Schmoe said:
I believe it could be re-worded as this:

Through which means (venues) can I purchase this?

or

Where can I get it?

:)

Ah. In which case the answer is: more info forthcoming! Keep an eye on here, and I'll let everyone know when and how to get hold of it. :)

DM-Rocco

Explorer
Morrus said:
EN Publishing has just acquired the rights to publish the popular Story Hour, Metamorphosis - From Dretch to Demon Lord, by the prolific critter-creator, Blackdirge. This will take the form of a trilogy of novels: Death of a Demon Lord, The Tides of Chaos, and Ascension. Included will be game stats, full-colour art and more, and the novels will be available in both e-book and softcover editions. You can expect to see the first novel, Death of a Demon Lord, this summer - with the two sequels at roughly 3-month intervals.

We'll be producing two versions (both available as softcover and ebook [PDF] format):

1) A novel-sized version, with an appendix full of game stats.

2) A letter-sized version, with full colour art interior and game stats presented as sidebars throughout the book.

We're looking forward to this - the first time, I believe, that a Story Hour has been published.

I think this is great. Now he has to finish writing the story :) ;) :cool:

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
Joshua Randall said:
Curious: did you need to ask WotC for any type of permission for this? Or is it covered under the OGL/d20 license/whatever-I'm-not-a-lawyer?

No, I'll be making a number of changes to the story to make it OGL/SRD compatible.

BD

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases