Eldritch Glaive: too good?

brehobit

Explorer
I will have to look into this for the warlock PC in my game. It seems a bit powerful, but maybe...

As far as a warlock being a poor HTH warrior, I'll again point out the awesome power of the fey feats for a warlock... Wow, does that build a tank (until some big-damage bad guy gets a crit of course. That hurts...)

hong

WotC's bitch
Egres said:
This invocation can be found in Dragon Magic, and it basically changes your eldritch balse into a melee reach weapon that you can use to make multiple touch attacks based on your bab.

You can touch my eldritch balls when you pry them out of my cold, dead fingers. HA!

brehobit

Explorer
Cactot said:
which fey feats are you talking about exactly?
I think they are in complete mage (either that or PHBII). By 9th level a human would get 6 spells a day (one 5th level!) a few misc bonuses, and DR 5/cold iron that stacks with a warlock's DR. The warlock in my game is walking around with DR 6/cold iron I believe (level 7).

DR is not the same as AC. Very powerful against mooks. Less powerful against non-mooks or 3x crits. But DR helps a LOT. The warlock is the only one to make it to level 7. Everyone else died or retired.

They are a bit overpowered (maybe a lot from levels 6 to 12 or so) but eat up all of your feats.

Mark

Rystil Arden

First Post
brehobit said:
I think they are in complete mage (either that or PHBII). By 9th level a human would get 6 spells a day (one 5th level!) a few misc bonuses, and DR 5/cold iron that stacks with a warlock's DR. The warlock in my game is walking around with DR 6/cold iron I believe (level 7).

DR is not the same as AC. Very powerful against mooks. Less powerful against non-mooks or 3x crits. But DR helps a LOT. The warlock is the only one to make it to level 7. Everyone else died or retired.

They are a bit overpowered (maybe a lot from levels 6 to 12 or so) but eat up all of your feats.

Mark
I believe that by RAW, the Warlock only receives 4 DR from the feats--specifically, Fey Skin gives 1 DR for each feat with Fey Blood as a prerequisite (but not Fey Blood itself) To get 5, you must be counting Fey Blood, but it doesn't have Fey Blood as a prerequisite. If you think the Fey feats are a good DR combo, try the Abyssal heritor feats from FCI--there's one that gives 1 DR for each Abyssal Heritor feat and another that gives +1 natural armour, and +1 more for every two Abyssal Heritor feats, plus another that gives a +1 insight bonus to one type of thing for every two Abyssal Heritor feats, etc.

Rystil Arden

First Post
pallandrome said:
...*looks through books* What the heck is FCI? Not that I'ma plan on making a Warlock now or anything >.>
Fiendish Codex I. It's not just for Warlocks! (I was playing in a game with feats every level, and I was going to make some kind of scrapper with all the FCI feats, but I didn't roll well enough to qualify for all of them, so I'm running a Warlock with the Fey feats and hopefully lots and lots of Extra Invocations)

brehobit

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
I believe that by RAW, the Warlock only receives 4 DR from the feats--specifically, Fey Skin gives 1 DR for each feat with Fey Blood as a prerequisite (but not Fey Blood itself) To get 5, you must be counting Fey Blood, but it doesn't have Fey Blood as a prerequisite. If you think the Fey feats are a good DR combo, try the Abyssal heritor feats from FCI--there's one that gives 1 DR for each Abyssal Heritor feat and another that gives +1 natural armour, and +1 more for every two Abyssal Heritor feats, plus another that gives a +1 insight bonus to one type of thing for every two Abyssal Heritor feats, etc.

Well, the Fey skin feat is 1+1 per feat you have with fey blood as a prereq. So that gets you to +5 with the other 3 feats.

Humm, the Abyssal horror sounds pretty huge, but getting Confusion, Dimension Door, SNA V, Charm Monster, Deep Slumber and Disguise self (each 1/day) isn't too shabby.

Mark

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases