Eldritch Glaive: too good? - Page 3

What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

° Ignore brehobit
    I will have to look into this for the warlock PC in my game. It seems a bit powerful, but maybe...

As far as a warlock being a poor HTH warrior, I'll again point out the awesome power of the fey feats for a warlock... Wow, does that build a tank (until some big-damage bad guy gets a crit of course. That hurts...)

which fey feats are you talking about exactly?

Gallant (Lvl 3)

° Ignore monboesen
    My communities:

The real abuse would be a gestalt Fighter/Warlock with Eldritch Glaive.

Ouch

WotC's bitch COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Scout (Lvl 6)

° Ignore hong
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by Egres
    This invocation can be found in Dragon Magic, and it basically changes your eldritch balse into a melee reach weapon that you can use to make multiple touch attacks based on your bab.
    You can touch my eldritch balls when you pry them out of my cold, dead fingers. HA!

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

° Ignore brehobit
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactot
    which fey feats are you talking about exactly?
    I think they are in complete mage (either that or PHBII). By 9th level a human would get 6 spells a day (one 5th level!) a few misc bonuses, and DR 5/cold iron that stacks with a warlock's DR. The warlock in my game is walking around with DR 6/cold iron I believe (level 7).

DR is not the same as AC. Very powerful against mooks. Less powerful against non-mooks or 3x crits. But DR helps a LOT. The warlock is the only one to make it to level 7. Everyone else died or retired.

They are a bit overpowered (maybe a lot from levels 6 to 12 or so) but eat up all of your feats.

Mark

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

° Ignore kigmatzomat
    Eldritch Glaive is a Greater Invoc, IIRC.
    James McP

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

° Ignore Rystil Arden
    Quote Originally Posted by brehobit
    I think they are in complete mage (either that or PHBII). By 9th level a human would get 6 spells a day (one 5th level!) a few misc bonuses, and DR 5/cold iron that stacks with a warlock's DR. The warlock in my game is walking around with DR 6/cold iron I believe (level 7).

DR is not the same as AC. Very powerful against mooks. Less powerful against non-mooks or 3x crits. But DR helps a LOT. The warlock is the only one to make it to level 7. Everyone else died or retired.

They are a bit overpowered (maybe a lot from levels 6 to 12 or so) but eat up all of your feats.

Mark
    I believe that by RAW, the Warlock only receives 4 DR from the feats--specifically, Fey Skin gives 1 DR for each feat with Fey Blood as a prerequisite (but not Fey Blood itself) To get 5, you must be counting Fey Blood, but it doesn't have Fey Blood as a prerequisite. If you think the Fey feats are a good DR combo, try the Abyssal heritor feats from FCI--there's one that gives 1 DR for each Abyssal Heritor feat and another that gives +1 natural armour, and +1 more for every two Abyssal Heritor feats, plus another that gives a +1 insight bonus to one type of thing for every two Abyssal Heritor feats, etc.
    "That's so far over the line between genius and madness, it passed all the way through Cthulhuville and normalcy and all the way back to brilliance!"--MoogleEmpMog

...*looks through books* What the heck is FCI? Not that I'ma plan on making a Warlock now or anything >.>

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

° Ignore Rystil Arden
    Quote Originally Posted by pallandrome
    ...*looks through books* What the heck is FCI? Not that I'ma plan on making a Warlock now or anything >.>
    Fiendish Codex I. It's not just for Warlocks! (I was playing in a game with feats every level, and I was going to make some kind of scrapper with all the FCI feats, but I didn't roll well enough to qualify for all of them, so I'm running a Warlock with the Fey feats and hopefully lots and lots of Extra Invocations)
    "That's so far over the line between genius and madness, it passed all the way through Cthulhuville and normalcy and all the way back to brilliance!"--MoogleEmpMog

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

° Ignore brehobit
    Quote Originally Posted by Rystil Arden
    I believe that by RAW, the Warlock only receives 4 DR from the feats--specifically, Fey Skin gives 1 DR for each feat with Fey Blood as a prerequisite (but not Fey Blood itself) To get 5, you must be counting Fey Blood, but it doesn't have Fey Blood as a prerequisite. If you think the Fey feats are a good DR combo, try the Abyssal heritor feats from FCI--there's one that gives 1 DR for each Abyssal Heritor feat and another that gives +1 natural armour, and +1 more for every two Abyssal Heritor feats, plus another that gives a +1 insight bonus to one type of thing for every two Abyssal Heritor feats, etc.
    Well, the Fey skin feat is 1+1 per feat you have with fey blood as a prereq. So that gets you to +5 with the other 3 feats.

Humm, the Abyssal horror sounds pretty huge, but getting Confusion, Dimension Door, SNA V, Charm Monster, Deep Slumber and Disguise self (each 1/day) isn't too shabby.

Mark

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast