Break of Dawn [Manzanita judging] COMPLETED

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Quarion Holimion, Elven Druid

"I am finished purchasing my goods," Quarion says from atop his steed. "Let us off." Garma growls at his side, an assent?

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I am as prepared as I can be with my current funds. I shall strive to use this Wand for the best of all gathered here, to extend our lives and allow us to pursue our desires safely and efficiently."

*Aletheia mounts Amy, her new light warhorse, and prepares to ride as best she can.*

B4cchus

Explorer
When the party is equipped and thier horses are packed, Dunbar leads them out of the city.
The party travels most part of the day in a easy pace, away from the city. Dunbar is silent for the entire day. If spoken to, he answers with little words, if at all.
When the sun almost touches the horizon the mansion of Lord Graven becomes visible. You reach the mansion in the last rays of light.

The estate is surrounded by a stone wall which has a gate through which you enter the grounds. Dunbar unlocks the gate and locks it directly when the party has passed through it. The grounds within the walls seem to have been a well groomed garden in earlier times. Now they could use the hand of a gardener, or a small army of them. Most plants, schrubs and trees have grown somewhat all over the place. Only the path from the gate to the mansion is completely clear (an alert observer even notices that not a single blade of grass seems to touch the stone path).

The mansion is an old estate in reasonable condition. It could use some paint and the odd nail here and there but is doesn't seem to come apart at the first breeze or leak at the slightest rain.
The building has a short, broad flight of ten steps leading to the large double front door. There are no other doors visible from the front. The two storey mansion has two small towers, one in the middle of the structure and one in on the front right corner. From the front you see it has many windows which are all covered with curtains. The whole building spans about 60 feet to the left and right from the front door, which itself is about 10 feet wide.
Between the mansion and the garden there is a paved clearing. There is at least 20' clearing between any point of the mansion and the garden but it varies at different places. Nest to the masnion therte is what seems to be a stable house from which a stablehand approaches you to take your horses form you.

Dunbar dismounts and hands his reins to the stablehand without even looking or speaking to him. "There, we have arrived. If you hand your horses to the stablehand we shall enter." He ascends the steps and unlocks the door with a large key. He holds the door open, inviting you to enter.

NakuruSai

First Post
B4cchus said:
When the party is equipped and thier horses are packed, Dunbar leads them out of the city.
The party travels most part of the day in a easy pace, away from the city. Dunbar is silent for the entire day. If spoken to, he answers with little words, if at all.
When the sun almost touches the horizon the mansion of Lord Graven becomes visible. You reach the mansion in the last rays of light.

The estate is surrounded by a stone wall which has a gate through which you enter the grounds. Dunbar unlocks the gate and locks it directly when the party has passed through it. The grounds within the walls seem to have been a well groomed garden in earlier times. Now they could use the hand of a gardener, or a small army of them. Most plants, schrubs and trees have grown somewhat all over the place. Only the path from the gate to the mansion is completely clear (an alert observer even notices that not a single blade of grass seems to touch the stone path).

The mansion is an old estate in reasonable condition. It could use some paint and the odd nail here and there but is doesn't seem to come apart at the first breeze or leak at the slightest rain.
The building has a short, broad flight of ten steps leading to the large double front door. There are no other doors visible from the front. The two storey mansion has two small towers, one in the middle of the structure and one in on the front right corner. From the front you see it has many windows which are all covered with curtains. The whole building spans about 60 feet to the left and right from the front door, which itself is about 10 feet wide.
Between the mansion and the garden there is a paved clearing. There is at least 20' clearing between any point of the mansion and the garden but it varies at different places. Nest to the masnion therte is what seems to be a stable house from which a stablehand approaches you to take your horses form you.

Dunbar dismounts and hands his reins to the stablehand without even looking or speaking to him. "There, we have arrived. If you hand your horses to the stablehand we shall enter." He ascends the steps and unlocks the door with a large key. He holds the door open, inviting you to enter.

Mordik steps down from his horse with some trouble, hands the reins to the stablehand with a nod and continues behind Dunbar. Nice place. he says hurriedly, without even paying attention. It was obviously a forced formality than an actual compliment.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Quarion almost seems to smile as the group approaches. "Nature is difficult to control..." he says. When they reach the front door, he dismounts and hands his reins to the stablehand.

Someone

Adventurer
Odno, not being used at all to the saddle, silently thanks the opportunity to dismount.
"Our host definitely seem to have chosen the eccentic side of the range of behaviours" whispers the psion to the nearest companion. "Whith people such as these, if often the best to smile, nod and not to contradict them"

Rystil Arden

First Post
'When you arrive with the last rays of light, it's thematically appropriate for the lord of the manse to be a vampire. Oh well, at least I'll get to pray for new spells soon, at midnight.' Aletheia thinks.

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Eanos dismounts lightly, looking around the courtyard with a sense of unease as he hands the reins of his mount to the stable hand.

"By all means, let's meet this employer of ours," Eanos says, moving to the door and entering.

B4cchus

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
'When you arrive with the last rays of light, it's thematically appropriate for the lord of the manse to be a vampire. Oh well, at least I'll get to pray for new spells soon, at midnight.' Aletheia thinks.

ooc: you metagamer you ;)

When you all enter the mansion Dunbar closes the door behind you and locks it again.
Inside, you find yourself in a large hallway. The walls are decorated with paintings and the woodwork is richly carved. A large chandelier hangs from the cieling with lit candles in it.
Two flights of stairs start left and right and join eachother on the next floor. Between the stairs is another set of double doors. In the left and right wall a smaller door leads to another room.
Dunbar gestures to the door at the left "Please wait in the study for His Lordship. I will notice him of you arrival. After that dinner will be served." He waits a few moments for you to enter the study after which he leaves through the opposite door.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Hey, that's what she thinks in-character ;))

'As long as the dinner isn't us, that sounds great!...I hope at least one of them has a silver weapon like I mentioned at the inn...If worse comes to worse, I can use the Cure Light Wounds wand as a weapon against undead. It ignores their resistance to normal damage, but it is hardly sufficient on its own...hmm...'

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases