Break of Dawn [Manzanita judging] COMPLETED

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I wanted to make sure I was clear that she presented the mirror as a standard action in case he was a vampire and it wasn't clear ;))

*Aletheia frowns slightly.*

"As you wish. I can do my best to further your dreams if I understand them better, though. For instance, why do you want the amulet? Another ancient evil on the loose? Knowing the deep motivating desires can help me help you bring your dreams to fruition."

NakuruSai

First Post
B4cchus said:
Graven adresses Mordik in reply to his question: "Offcourse master dwarf. I am sorry my servant Dunbar could not disclose too much information to you. I am very wary of other... collectors trying to add this item to thier collection before i can. The object i hire you to retrieve is an part of an ancient treasure, the amulet of dawn. It is an very old relic and will fit perfectly in my collection. The amulet is said to have been used to rid an ancient evil once threatening land far away. It is supposed to be some kind of protective device. I am not sure these tale bare any truth concerning the amulet's powers but it's story alone makes it a valuable price. As for the dangers, i know little of them. I have read that there is supposed to some great power guarding the item. This power is not to be underestimated. It is written that it is to keep the two halves from joining, probably to keep anybody from using it against a force of evil. I assume it is hidden in some type of ancient.. temple.. shrine.. or something like that. What other dangers may lay in your path to it don't know. This.. shrine is said to be hidden in a forest near the town of Dawn. It's name cannot be of coincidence. I will supply you with directions to reach it. I suspect it will take you no more than a week to reach it on horseback. I am sure you will be resourcefull enough to find it form there. I would appreciate it if you embark on your mission tomorrow morning, for it is still quite a journey."

After that he adresses Odno: "I am sure there will be time for that after you return. Unfortunately i have some business to attend to after dinner. By the way. Should you be in need of any supplies, my assistant Dunbar may be of service. The manor holds many stocks, some of which i had brought in for your journey."

Mordik eats sloppily as Graven speaks to him. You're not sure if most of the food is going into his mouth or into his beard. After his employer speaks, he takes a moment to contemplate and Eanos explains there's a missing part of the story...I dunno Eanos - I mean, he might not have everythin' but he wants us tah get it for him so wouldn't pull any real funny business, I dun think...I got nah problem going to get a piece of some broken jewelry. Mordik's voice definitely changes as he speaks now to his employer..But if we gotta get 2 pieces instead of one, that's something different...We signed up for this mission to go find one thing. not two. If they're nah in the same spot, we might have sah more expenses than planned....

B4cchus

Explorer
He answers Aletheia's renewed offer with a slitgh irritation in his voice. "As i told you, i want the amulet to add it to my collection. I am sceptic about its supposed powers and do not plan to fight any demons with it. I am sure enough that retrieving this item will... bring my dreams to fruitition, as you put it." Then he turns to Mordik again, with a slight look of disgust for his eating manners: "No, no, no master Dwarf. You only need to collect this half for me. Do not worry."

Rystil Arden

First Post
'Doesn't have the other half, eh? Riiiiiiiight...'

"I see. And you are absolutely sure that you know nothing of the guardians of this item? You must know that it is at least somewhat dangerous or you would have not needed to hire elite adventurers to find it for that price."

Someone

Adventurer
Odno comes finally out of his trance, having finished scraping everything he knows about the amulet out of his unconscious mind. "I must add, the amulet's creators and guardians were druids, so I surmise that if there are left any guardians, custodians, wardens, keepers or preservers they'd be of the natural kind: wild animals, ambulatory vegetables, or other likely fruition of druidic magic. I suggest we prepare accordingly"

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: he actually never confirmed that he does or does not have the other half.

To Aletheia: "As i said, I know that the guardian is powerful, which is why i hired you. It may very well be that this guardian is fiendish in nature, considering the backgorund if the amulet. I know nothing of it's exact nature or what threat it may pose to you. Among the stock i readied for your expidition there are some weapons which may prove more effectictive to harm creautures of such nature. I also prepared more mundane expedition goods, such as tents, rations and whatnot. I am confident that you will embark well equipped to succed!"

Meanwhile the main course is about to be finished. At a sign of Lord Graven a servant starts clearing the table.

To Odno and Quarion:"Interresting, you seem to have knowledge of this amulet. Though you speak of the amulet's creaters being druids i am not convinced that they are also the ones who guard it at this time. I believe that the item was broken and guarded by forces of evil to prevent to be used against themselves. I can supply you with extra oil and torches if you wish to prepare yourself against a more arboreal threat. "

[sblock=eanos]You believe that is telling the truth this time.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Quarion Holimion, Elven Druid

Quarion listens intently to the conversation, only picking at his food. He frowns every now and then, his brow furrowed in thought. His expression lightens when Odno speaks of druids. Quarion comments, "An artifact created by druids, you say? Now I am even more interested. How is it that we may encounter fiendish guardians while obtaining an item created by druids, milord? It seems your information conflicts with our sage companion's."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"If the Druids sealed it with natural guardians, it would be to protect the item from falling into the hands of the fiends," Aletheia posits, "If the fiends stalk it with fiendish guardians, it may be to prevent it from being used again by the druids."

*She turns to Lord Graven:*

"If you do expect fiends, did you pack holy weapons then? Or some of those special materials--I admit, I don't really know which is used for which against fiends, but I think silver or cold iron or one or the other sounds about right."

Someone

Adventurer
Rystil Arden said:
Aletheia posits, "If the fiends stalk it with fiendish guardians, it may be to prevent it from being used again by the druids."

"Which begs the question, why didn't they just destroy it" replies Odno. "But I must admit there are a number of likely and acceptable answers to that inquiry. We'll surely know more once we can investigate the surrounding area: as much as I like to engage in speculation, it'll lead us nowhere."

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Eanos' eyes narrow as Graven refuses to give more information. As he weighs his options, Aletheia's query perks his interest.

Rystil Arden said:
"If you do expect fiends, did you pack holy weapons then? Or some of those special materials--I admit, I don't really know which is used for which against fiends, but I think silver or cold iron or one or the other sounds about right."

"Indeed. Since you've no firm evidence that the guardians are druidic or fiendish, I think it would be best to have supplies that might serve us well against both. More oil and torches if we run up agains plant guardians; holy water, silver, and cold iron to aid against creatures of darkness."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases