Character Retirement/ Points Transfer

Bront

The man with the probe
For what it's worth, Erekose13 was allowed to move all his points to a new character when he retired Ghost, but that was more a mechanical nightmare issue with boost.

Stormwind

First Post
For what it's worth, I think the (1/2 spent points + all unspent points) is perfectly reasonable and fair.

Bront said:
For what it's worth, Erekose13 was allowed to move all his points to a new character when he retired Ghost, but that was more a mechanical nightmare issue with boost.
I would suggest adding a note to the bottom of the proposal stating some like:
"In the case of Characters retired for rules issues or problems, a LS Judge may approve the transfer of all earned points, however this will be done on a case-by-case basis."

Bront

The man with the probe
Stormwind said:
For what it's worth, I think the (1/2 spent points + all unspent points) is perfectly reasonable and fair.

I would suggest adding a note to the bottom of the proposal stating some like:
"In the case of Characters retired for rules issues or problems, a LS Judge may approve the transfer of all earned points, however this will be done on a case-by-case basis."
He would have fell under the unspent provision anyway, as it was only 1 adventure, and apparently he was going to retire the character well before he caught wind of the proposal. I don't see that addendum as a problem though.

Raylis

First Post
I like Bront's suggestion, going to edit the original post.

I had it at transfering all Unspent points because I figured any points that were spent to improve the character were just that: spent. The charater has grown and changed and didn't degress when they retired.

Added a "by the character's owner's permission" line in there because it's always good to ask for permission before using someone else's intellectual property :D

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Raylis said:
I like Bront's suggestion, going to edit the original post.

I had it at transfering all Unspent points because I figured any points that were spent to improve the character were just that: spent. The charater has grown and changed and didn't degress when they retired.

Added a "by the character's owner's permission" line in there because it's always good to ask for permission before using someone else's intellectual property :D
I've never asked for permission when NPCing characters whose player had to quit a game. I don't see why it would be different here, but it doesn't matter much.

Bront

The man with the probe
Yeah, if they get relegated to the ranks of usable for NPC fodder, they're open season, unless a specific request not to has been made. I'd make it on the player to request that excemption not the writers to request permition.

Salix

First Post
Bront said:
Yeah, if they get relegated to the ranks of usable for NPC fodder, they're open season, unless a specific request not to has been made. I'd make it on the player to request that excemption not the writers to request permition.
I agree they need to indicate on the character sheet if they don't want the character available as a NPC

Velmont

First Post
Raylis said:
Proposal: When retiring a character, you may keep 1/2 of all PPs spent, and all unspent PPs. A retired character can never become active again, and can now be used as an NPC by any GM as needed, by permission of the charater's owner.

In the case of Characters retired for rules issues or problems, a LS Judge may approve the transfer of all earned points, on a case-by-case basis.

As it is, I like it. So, I'll vote YES for that. I don't think it will need to be voted to place a notice on a retired player to tells if yes or no it can be use by other LS.

Bront

The man with the probe
Salix said:
I agree they need to indicate on the character sheet if they don't want the character available as a NPC
Adding this cavat to the rule as currently stated, I'll vote Yes.

Remove ads