Ebay Auction - for serious D&D collectors

alsih2o

First Post
my wife just called and i explained to her how much i need this...

who knew such a dainty woman could curse like that?

Lizard

Explorer
He priced it way too high. I doubt anyone's going to bid on it.

If he'd started at, say, 100 dollars, the bidding frenzy might have gotten the price up there by now...

Psychotic Dreamer

First Post
I have to agree that the starting bid is way to high. Granted even if the price was lower I probably wouldn't bid on it, but thats just me... I'm not much of a collector...

dagger

Adventurer
I already have one! HAHA

It has the 3 books and all the other little books that came out. Its pretty cool, all of them all fit nicely ( all 8 ) in the little box.

Only thing that auction has over me though, is that min eis a its still 1979 though. The auction one is in a little better shape also.

http://www.acaeum.com/DDIndexes/SetPages/Original.html

Here are the other little booklets I got with it.

Greyhawk is a general rules expansion, with new combat rules, additional character classes (paladin and thief), as well as new monsters, spells, and treasure.

Blackmoor is the second expansion, adding underwater rules, two new character classes (monk and assassin), and hit location rules. It also contains the first scenario ever published for a roleplaying game, "Temple of the Frog", which was later developed into module DA2 Temple of the Frog.

Eldritch Wizardry adds the druid character class, additional magic items and artifacts, as well as rules for demons and psionics.

Gods, Demi-Gods, & Heroes supplies pantheons of deities, including their monster-style statistics (unfortunately giving players the idea that gods are killable). It includes the Melnibonean mythos, which (along with the Cthulhu mythos, not present in this booklet) created legal problems for its successor, the AD&D manual Deities & Demigods. However, that book bears only a passing resemblance to this supplement's contents.

Swords & Spells is the fantasy-based successor to Chainmail, covering miniatures rules for D&D. It was hastily produced, and contains several glaring errors.

Last edited:

Remove ads