campaign & character websites

thol

Explorer
i'm looking to web-ify my gaming group and my campaign, first via simple HTML, then via a PHP database that can be edited by players.

i'm curious to know what format that any of you who have put up their campaign's characters on their campaign website use. i'd love to borrow and modify an existing good format than spend too much time creating one instead of game/world content. for now i'm just looking to see what format players and dms prefer to look at, such as simple text entries or HTML tables, etc.

i'm also very curious as to what is most valuable to players on a campaign website, and what is valuable or interesting to those who visit the site but don't play.

any links to examples, suggestions, and advice would be appreciated. thanks!

Cloudgatherer

First Post
As far as keeping characters in some sort of format, I'd suggest using the standard stat block format out of the DMG. CRGreathouse has an entire website devoted to it:

d20 Stat Block

Last edited:

thol

Explorer
um...

anyone else have any suggestions or examples? did i post this in the wrong forum? someone else out there must have a campaign website...

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
I do, but it's pretty low-tech and has actually gotten some complaints. That's why I didn't respond earlier. The link is in the .sig.

thol

Explorer
hey thanks for the responses :)

i'm not looking for any super high tech examples, just the way people like to lay out their campaign info. high tech does no good if the content or the manner it is presented is terrible.

i'd love to look at anyone's site, no matter how high or low tech or how big or small.

Katerek

Iconic Gnoll
I no longer maintain the web page, but when I was doing it I used Dreamweaver to design everything, I find that it is a fairly intuitive software. It can be purchased from Macromedia.

It met with some rave reviews.

Now I just host the website on my own private machine with remote hosting capabilities and supply my players with passwords, on their end it looks like the web, but it stays privately held, so no need for all that many fees.

We tried our hand at hosting an email service as well, but that went miserably.

kingpaul

First Post
Re: um...

thol said:
anyone else have any suggestions or examples? did i post this in the wrong forum? someone else out there must have a campaign website...
Some may not have posted because they submitted they're world to WotC.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases