Supernatural

Krug

Newshound
Been watching episodes from the first season. Is it just me or does almost every episode compose of
1) the setup
2) a cute girl
3) the 'horror' kills another victim 20 minutes into the show
4) the boys do some research
5) save girl
6) kill the 'horror' with some bit of lore or other gobbledygook.

Not terribly impressed, though watchable.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
The point of Supernatural isn't the plot structure, but the characterization and relationship between the brothers.

takyris

First Post
That's also the structure of about a zillion other similar shows.

As the Umbral one said, it's not about the unique plot structure. Few successful crime-based television shows are, in fact. It's about taking a comfortable plot structure and entertaining the audience week after week. Law & Order has been doing it for, what, almost twenty years? CSI still pulls in a few viewers as well.

You don't read a mystery novel (or a romance, for that matter) for a new structure. You read a mystery novel for the things the author puts in an old structure.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Umbran said:
The point of Supernatural isn't the plot structure, but the characterization and relationship between the brothers.

Wow I thought the show was about cute chicks and hookey monsters - thats why I watch it:)

Crothian

First Post
Krug said:
Hmm ok.. but it's kinda getting tiresome though. I mean how many ways can two brothers fight?

Do you have a brother? My brother and I found many, many ways to fight and we keep discovering new possibilities!! :lol:

D.Shaffer

First Post
Thoughts on the new ep?

I quite enjoyed it. Interesting to see how much of a horror movie buff Dean is. I saw the 'twist' from a mile away, but I like the movie references they used. The false trailer during the commercial lead out was also a cute touch. They must have saved a bundle on the sets. :D Oh yes, and Dean IS one hell of a PA :)

Karl Green

First Post
Yep really enjoyed last nights esp... good Die Hard quote :) and the two "You're one hell of a P.A." where funny. Plus next weeks "...this is the dumbest thing we have ever done" looks really good also

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases