Pathfinder 1E Paizo no longer publishing Dungeon and Dragon

Treebore

First Post
Is Pathfinder going to be hardcover? Still, even at 30% off for subscription, $14.00 per month is going to be hard to do. Thats a $168.00 per year, right? Ouch!

diaglo

Adventurer
BlackMoria said:
I feel like someone that I know just died.

It is the same 'punched in the gut' feeling. I absolutely loved Dungeon and Dragon magazine under Paizo, Dungeon in particular.

It was one of the few things in my life I really got to look forward to in my life, my month mags from Paizo, being in a small, isolated, no account town in northern Manitoba.

I guess I will get goon-faced drunk tonight and lament the passage of a era....

qfmft

i'll have a few with ya down here in jawja.

Belen

Adventurer
Pahtfinder is ungodly expensive! I cannot imagine subscribing after my transition ends. It is more expensive than the other two combined!

Originally Posted by BlackMoria
I feel like someone that I know just died.

i feel this way myself and i will not do the online thing it will be pathfinder or nothing i need printed books not pdf's i love to skim my mags hell my bro does not make a new char without speding hours in my mags this is a sad sad day

PhantomNarrator

First Post
A storm is coming

Retreater said:
Again, thanks to WotC for destroying one of the game's traditions.

Indeed, this does not bode well for WotC's future relationship with its fan base. If they're willing to kill Dragon and Dungeon just to squeeze another revenue stream out of their website, then nothing will be safe in 4th edition. Nothing.

How long before they conclude that all us grognards are dead weight and turn D&D into a collectible miniatures game?

JoshuaFrost

First Post
JustKim said:
I've been a Dragon buyer since the beginning, and very suddenly the magazine is not going to exist anymore. I had planned to subscribe to whatever WotC is planning, but it can't possibly replace Dragon. This is very disappointing.

Will folks like Tony Moseley fit in anywhere, or was the Slice of Death book his severance package?

Tony is taking a break from his comic for personal reasons. His decision to do so preceded this announcement. Zogonia: Slice of Death was created because we love Tony's work and wanted to make it available in its entirety to the general population.

Presto2112

Explorer
ShinHakkaider said:
No longer beholden to WOTC these guys now have free reign to do close to whatever they want.

Funny, it was the close relationship with WotC that kept me going back. Having the parents looking over the kids shoulder and checking their homework essentially guaranteed quality (IMO) work.

Now it appears that the parent is off to play on the Internet while junior writes whatever the hell he wants.

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
diaglo said:
qfmft

i'll have a few with ya down here in jawja.

And I'll raise a glass to the passing of an era tonight too. Stinky drunk is how I will be to see the end of Dragon...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases