Pathfinder 1E Paizo no longer publishing Dungeon and Dragon

Sammael

Adventurer
Zaukrie said:
There are so many obstacles, not the first of which is how do people that don't know about the service even find it to buy?
I am sure the last issues of Dragon and Dungeon will be filled with full-page WotC ads for the "internet revolution in table-top gaming" and similar rubbish.

I honestly can't believe anyone who's perused the notoriously unreliable WotC website for any length of time will trust their "digital initiative" to work as planned.

crazy_cat

Adventurer
Treebore said:
Is Pathfinder going to be hardcover? Still, even at 30% off for subscription, $14.00 per month is going to be hard to do. Thats a $168.00 per year, right? Ouch!
Its *ouch* expensive if you pay for it all at once - but $14 is actually only 2 pints of Lager or a cinema ticket in real UK terms here - I'll be subscribing on the month to month option and seeing what its like.

If the content doesn't justify the price then they'll lose my custom.

That said I'd rather support Paizo in their new venture than WOTC in their online money extracting model.

helium3

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Well, I guess Paizo won't have to ask for special permission to reprint AP4 or other materials.

Good on them. I think this rocks.

Which one is four? I thought Savage Tide was AP3?

The_Gneech

Explorer
Wow, and I thought what they did to CMP and E-Tools was bad.

This...

Just wow. A world without Dragon magazine is barely comprehensible. It's like having one of your school buddies die.

I'm depressed now. :(

-The Gneech :cool:

JoeGKushner

First Post
Sir Brennen said:
I'm going to swim against the tide here and say, moving regular content online is a cool, forward-looking idea. As newer players are becoming more and more an audience that can't remember a time without a readily available internet, it's a good business decision. It's not even that new. I used to get Pyramid magazine fairly regularly (Steve Jackson Games in house mag), and continued with it when they made their online move yeeeeears ago. Not only did the article quality not suffer, but it was archived and searchable, even content from their older print issues. New content was added weekly, which was another plus.

But it's not really that user friendly and it's ugly and it has no art. Reasons why after a fw years I dropped my sub but may pick it up again because, and this is going to be key for anything I do with WoTC, it's fairly inexpensive. Last time I checked, it was like $20 a year. Very reasonable.

Krolik

First Post
Belen said:
Pahtfinder is ungodly expensive! I cannot imagine subscribing after my transition ends. It is more expensive than the other two combined!
It seems to me that $20.00 for a 96 page full color adventure/module is reasonably priced. I paid $17.00 for my 64 page black and white copy of Time of Vengeance a couple of months ago. 50% more pages and color seems reasonable for only $3.00 more.

Klaus

First Post
Whoa.

:eek:

My first professional work ever was writing an article for Dragon magazine that ran in 1999 (1 month before 3e), and I so dearly hoped to do that (or art) again. And I had *just* (in February) submitted article ideas for Dragon! :(

Like others said, it's like losing a couple of long time friends. :(

GMSkarka

Explorer
Sammael said:
I am sure the last issues of Dragon and Dungeon will be filled with full-page WotC ads for the "internet revolution in table-top gaming" and similar rubbish.

Not to mention that I'm sure they'll end up acting like they invented internet delivery of RPG content, ignoring those of us who have been successfully making a living at it for years now.

Unrealistic Pricing for Pathfinder

$19.99 cover price - 30% subscription discount = $13.99 + $4.00 shipping =$17.99 = $107.94 for a 6-part adventure path. Um, no thanks.

helium3

First Post
God I want to stay here and keep participating in this thread, but I have to go to Tacoma and pick up some plants I ordered.

I can't wait to see the firestorm when I get back though.

Remove ads