Pathfinder 1E Paizo no longer publishing Dungeon and Dragon

sukael

First Post
For those who haven't gone to the site yet:

paizo.com said:
Today, Wizards of the Coast and Paizo Publishing announced the conclusion of Paizo's license to publish Dragon and Dungeon magazines. The magazines will cease publication following the release of the September issues, which ship to subscribers and newsstands in August. The final issues will be Dragon #359 and Dungeon #150.

Wizards of the Coast will be moving the kind of content currently found in Dragon and Dungeon to an online model. Both companies remain on good terms and continue to discuss future opportunities for publishing partnerships.

Today also marks the official announcement of Pathfinder, a new monthly 96-page, perfect-bound, OGL-compatible full-color softcover Adventure Path book printed on high-quality paper for use with the world's most popular roleplaying game. Over the last several months, the same editors who bring you Dragon and Dungeon have been developing the next evolution in RPG campaigns, and we hope you'll take some time to look at what we have to offer. Pathfinder will debut in August at hobby retail stores, bookstores, and here on paizo.com, and—though it's a book, not a magazine—we'll be offering a subscription service for gamers eager to add a vorpal edge to their campaigns. In fact, you can subscribe to Pathfinder right now and receive a free bonus Player's Guide to the first Pathfinder Adventure Path: Rise of the Runelords.

Speaking of subscriptions, the discontinuation of Dragon and Dungeon will leave many of our valued subscribers with excess subscription credit. Paizo has set up a special Transition Page that offers multiple options to these subscribers.

Ghendar

First Post
Festivus said:
Wow, that was unexpected. And here I have a 3 year subscription to Dungeon... wonder what will happen to that.

You can convert it to their new magazine, Pathfinder, if you choose.

mearlus said:
"Today, Wizards of the Coast and Paizo Publishing announced the conclusion of Paizo's license to publish Dragon and Dungeon magazines. The magazines will cease publication following the release of the September issues, which ship to subscribers and newsstands in August. The final issues will be Dragon #359 and Dungeon #150."

Very big news. Glad to see Paizo is already in motion with followup products and have many different options for their subscribers.

Good luck, guys, and look forward to seeing Pathfinder!

joe b.

Draumr

First Post
Been buying these for like 20 years. Very sad. Feels like end of an era. Doubt that I will move to the WotC online offering. Maybe finally time for some C&C.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Festivus said:
Wow, that was unexpected. And here I have a 3 year subscription to Dungeon... wonder what will happen to that.

To quote the press release:

"Subscribers should visit paizo.com/transition to learn more about the future of their subscriptions. Multiple options will be available for customers whose subscriptions extend beyond the final issues of the magazines. "

Riley

Legend
I have many words to say on this, but none of them are fit for print.

This wouldn't be so heartbreaking if Wizards' adventures could hold a candle to anything Paizo puts in their magazines.

I mean, has put.

Frak.

Remove ads