Pathfinder 1E Minis for Pathfinder/Tome of Horrors

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
As I understand it, Pathfinder will be using monsters from three sources: OGC, Tome of Horrors, and new creations. I would loooooove to see minis for those beasties! There are so many monsters in the ToH that would be glorious to plunk on the table... I've been semi-waiting for ages to see them in the flesh (as it were).

I wonder if Paizo will be able to make those figures, or set up a partnership with someone who could.
-blarg

Nebulous

Legend
In all likelihood, the thousands of monsters in metal and plastic format currently available will more than suffice for whatever type of beastie you require.

blargney the second

Oh, I've got lots of things that can proxy. Even Ju-jubes if necessary! I'm just saying that it's nice to have the actual figures sometimes... :)

Tome of Horrors and Denizens of Avadnu are the two books with monsters that I'd *really* like to have true minis.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Reaper did some Tome of Horrors monsters like the old two headed troll.

Paizo has done miniatures in several instances and teamed up with Mega Miniatures (although it was annoying that they were supposed to be 'exclusive' and then were sold through Dragglestown.) They've also got some type of relationship with Magnificent Egoes, which is odd as other companies like Fantization say they can't get a restock from 'em.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Paizo's Ptolus miniatures are really well done and restocked whenever they run low.

If there's ToH miniatures, I'd like to see a reissue of ToH1 at the same time, different format, higher price, whatever it takes.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
are they talking the whole ToH series, or just the first one?

heh, it would be cool if they could keep using WotC stuff outside of the MM, but you know, the whole license yanking thing seems to make that impossible. ;) still, they can get around a lot of that by using ToH1 critters...

James Jacobs

Adventurer
Pathfinder will actually be drawing its monsters from the SRD, new creations, and several OGL/d20 products. Tome of Horrors I is only one of the monster books out there...

That said, don't expect to see monsters pulled from all over the place. Every new monster book added to the mix makes for more work at the production end. And since we'll be reprinting full stat blocks for non SRD monsters (just like how we handled non-core monsters in Dungeon), we'll probably be skewing things to the SRD a bit to save space if that's a problem. Which it might not be, since we've got so much more room in Pathfinder.

ANYway, to get back on topic, there are currently no plans for Paizo to produce minis of Pathfinder monsters. That I know of. Things are pretty hectic these days around the office...

blargney the second

Thanks for taking the time to reply, James. :)

Well, if you guys do end up deciding to make minis that tie in with your new products at some point, I'll be all over them like a fat kid on a Smartie. (Pre-painted for bonus marks!)
-blarg

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases