Gaming W/Jemal : Prisoners!!(Inmates Chosen)

Jemal

Adventurer
*EDIT : Character Creation and Campaign Details in Post 24*

Well, not really a poll, as the options aren't set in stone, but more like a discussion:

I'm currently running my two concurrent 30th lvl campaigns on here (Epic Problem:prevention, and Epic Problem: Return to Power, total 10 players), and trying to start a Death Gate Cycle game (Though the ooc only has 2 active posters.. there's 2 or 3 others that posted interest but haven't checked in recently). I'm also currently in a few games (Darkhawk, No Mans Land, Parting Gift, ) and trying to get into a couple others.

So, the question becomes: Do I want to run another game? I've been having blasts of ideas pouring through my head, and I WANT to run them, but I'm working up in northern Alberta now, and won't see another gamer for 3 weeks, meaning all the gaming I get must be here... Besides, I've done I think 3/4 DMing jobs at a time in the past, concurrently with playing about a dozen on ENWorld, and DMing two groups IRL. (Ah, the good old days)

The second part would then have to be : WHAT do I want to run? I've been pondering BESM D20 b/c I had a super-hero campaign Idea. I've also been going through a couple D&D(3.5) ideas in my spare time.
A) One is similar to my Death Gate one, and if that one doesn't get off the ground, I'll do this instead (May do it anyways). It's same principle, but with basic D&D instead of being heavily modified and based off a book series. The PC's have been sent to a Hell/Prison dimension for some/various reasons, and must pull together to survive and find a way out.
B) Another calls for a somewhat more.. interesting... approach to D&D. The characters have all, in one way or another, managed to catch the eye of some greater power, who has offered them an opportunity to go to an interplanar 'school for the gifted', which will teach them whatever they want to know, in exchange for having some very powerful alumni.
C) An extremely low-magic world. Characters would not be allowed to have spellcasting until later in the campaign, and to make up for the lack of magic, I would be increasing stat mods to 1/lvl, and feats to 1/odd level, as well as giving 'extraordinary' weapons/armour. The campaign setting itself could be whatever the PC's desire, though I was thinking a cross between Mideival Europe and Samurai Japan.
D) If anybody has any interesting campaign Ideas they've wanted to play in, I'm good at fleshing out and going with stuff.

Thoughts? Anything in particular people would like to see?

Last edited:

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Jemal said:
So, the question becomes: Do I want to run another game? I've been having blasts of ideas pouring through my head, and I WANT to run them, but I'm working up in northern Alberta now, and won't see another gamer for 3 weeks, meaning all the gaming I get must be here... Besides, I've done I think 3/4 DMing jobs at a time in the past, concurrently with playing about a dozen on ENWorld, and DMing two groups IRL. (Ah, the good old days)
Whether or not you want to run another game is up to you. PbP games last much longer than 3 weeks (more like a year or more), so if you started one up, it'd be a longer commitment. That being said, it's a great idea if you have more ideas than current games. At least you get them out there and get to use them eventually.
Jemal said:
The second part would then have to be : WHAT do I want to run? I've been pondering BESM D20 b/c I had a super-hero campaign Idea. I've also been going through a couple D&D(3.5) ideas in my spare time.
Run what you want to run. D&D games are, obviously, the most popular, and you're likely to get the most response from them. At the bottom of the recruiting thread (stickied at the top of this forum) there's a list of what some players are looking for. (I think now it's mostly Star Wars stuff) Very few games die out due to lack of players (though, the more rare the system, the more likely it is to happen).

Jemal

Adventurer
OK, I've decided I AM going to run another game, now it's a matter of what people would like to Game, as most of the 'ideas' I have right not are a bit more Niche games than they are standard. SO, That being said, here are the three concepts. I don't want to post an actual Poll, and i don't like "blind" votes anyways(not knowing who voted what), so Here's the three I want to most run right now, please tell me If you're interested in one or more of them.

A)The PC's have been sent to a Hell/Prison dimension for some/various reasons, and must pull together to survive and find a way out. Any alignment allowed, thoough non-evil is preferred. Any race/class would be allowed, so long as non-core/completes are run by me first.

B) The characters have all, in one way or another, managed to catch the eye of some greater power, who has offered them an opportunity to go to an interplanar 'school for the gifted', which will teach them whatever they want to know, in exchange for having some very powerful alumni. Would include Diplomacy, Social/knowledge skills, AND a fair amount of combat. There would be a fair amount of downtime for those who want it.

C) An extremely low-magic world. Characters would not be allowed to have spellcasting until later in the campaign, and to make up for the lack of magic, I would be increasing stat mods to 1/lvl, and feats to 1/odd level, as well as giving 'extraordinary' weapons/armour. The campaign setting itself could be whatever the PC's desire, though I was thinking a cross between Mideival Europe and Samurai Japan.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Jemal said:
i don't like "blind" votes anyways
You can set it up so that you can see who voted for what
Jemal said:
A)The PC's have been sent to a Hell/Prison dimension for some/various reasons, and must pull together to survive and find a way out. Any alignment allowed, thoough non-evil is preferred. Any race/class would be allowed, so long as non-core/completes are run by me first.

B) The characters have all, in one way or another, managed to catch the eye of some greater power, who has offered them an opportunity to go to an interplanar 'school for the gifted', which will teach them whatever they want to know, in exchange for having some very powerful alumni. Would include Diplomacy, Social/knowledge skills, AND a fair amount of combat. There would be a fair amount of downtime for those who want it.

I really like all of these ideas!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases