Geisha: Defunct Dragon Article Submission

WhatGravitas

Explorer
smootrk said:
As to the table formatting, are you suggesting no lines (invisible lines)? Can't say that my formatting skills with tables and text boxes is all that good. ;)
I meant making all lines of the table invisible, except the invisible lines...

Like the attached table. Without any visible line at all, you'll feel "lost". Some lines give you the readability, but don't like that box-like.

Hope I could help :)

Attachments

• Sample.pdf
    7.3 KB · Views: 85

smootrk

First Post
Lord Tirian said:
I meant making all lines of the table invisible, except the invisible lines...

Like the attached table. Without any visible line at all, you'll feel "lost". Some lines give you the readability, but don't like that box-like.

Hope I could help :)
OK, I see what you mean. I will play around with this idea. Thanks. :)

smootrk

First Post
Thinking on the Skill Points confusion, and yes, I knew this area was potentially problematic; If I understand what was said above...

I might reduce the skills to 6 per level (and 6x4 at 1st), and then as Class Features on the appropriate levels grant bonus skill points at each and every level for one craft and one Knowledge (local). I would probably change the language to a bonus as well, but probably change it to every 3rd level (instead of every other level).

Thinking on this further, I may change the bonus scheme to 1 craft skill point at level 1, then one knowledge local skill point at level 2, then 1 craft skill point at level 3... etc. alternating. I would have the bonus language on every 3rd level.

How does that sound... moving these things to the Class Features (and really minor feature these will be, eh?)

evilbob

Explorer
smootrk said:
How does that sound... moving these things to the Class Features (and really minor feature these will be, eh?)
I think that's a better way to go. I would also just give a bonus instead of giving points that are for ranks somehow, like: +1 bonus to all craft skills (that you have ranks in) every odd level, +1 bonus to all knowledge skills (that you have ranks in) every even level, +1 language every 3rd level. That beefs up the feature and makes it more powerful, but also simplifies it.

Also, to clarify my above comment, I seriously doubt anyone on EN world would mind you using those images. :) I was just making sure you realized that the images are copyrighted material, which you clearly do.

smootrk

First Post
If my previous post seems snippy (which, when I looked at it again looked like it could), it really wasn't intended... I also just wanted to clarify that. :)

I thought about having this as a bonus, but since the Geisha is not so strong as an 'adventuring class', I was trying to make them ideal for qualifying for PRC's or otherwise as multi-class options (ie. having actual ranks in lots of stuff). A bonus gives the same effect in game terms during play, but has a different effect on planning for different builds.

Anyway, I will think on this further. Anyone can feel free to comment on my thoughts here.

ivocaliban

First Post
smootrk said:
I was prepping this topic for possible submission to Dragon Magazine, but with the recent news I do not think this will be going anywhere. You may have seen the class in previous threads but I was preparing a gussied-up version (and edited) for the visual impact (with some images gleaned from various online art).

Anyway, feel free to comment. I am still open to new additions or possible changes, so feel free to suggest away. To those who made contributions in the previous thread, let me know if some of your suggestions may be placed directly into the document (Sound of Azure, you especially had a lot of material that I would love to drop into this document with your permission).

Looks terrific, smootrk! I'll have to give it a more thorough going over later, but I really like what you've done with it. I'm proud to have had a small part in it!

Just one small thing that I almost feel ashamed to bring up...my username is ivocaliban, not invocaliban (as referred to at the end of the document). I admit, however, invocaliban would make far more sense considering the nature of the site. :eek:

smootrk

First Post
While at working graveyard shift last night, I did some work on revamping a few areas. It is not posted up yet, but I may post up a new revision sometime in the next couple of days - alas my changes to the text threw off the pages and existing page breaks and image placements.

Anyhow, changes made include (and thanks to all for these suggestions):
new table formatting (appearance only).
skill points reduced to 6/level.
class skills: removed Escape Artist, Rope Use, and contemplating removal of Heal from list.
skill point usage requirements removed (languages, craft & knowledge - local), instead making them bonuses listed in the class features section.
made a few text changes (language use).
changed penalties for improper attire.
oh, and I fixed ivocaliban's name. :cool:

I hope to include a couple more ideas from the old threads before I post up the new document, but I have a few obligations that may limit my time to devote.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases