Other game mechanics and house rules forums?

Nyeshet

First Post
I have enjoyed occasionally discussing various possible game mechanics and house rules in general on this forum, but recently I have become curious. What other forums exist on the net where variant game mechanics and d20 house rules are discussed? Is this House Rules forum on ENWorld one amongst few or one amongst many?

In any case, what other forum sites might others suggest for discussing variant d20 game mechanics and house rules?

Shades of Green

First Post
Citizens of the Imperium deals with all versions of Traveller, including T20 (the D20 version of Traveller). It covers a wide range of subjects, from settings to science discussion to rule dicussion to house-rules.

A similar site is the Avenger/Comstar board; it deals with the Avenger/Comstar products for Traveller (and other systems - including the Hero-system version of Traveller and the Translight BRP-based sci-fi RPG, both under development) first and foremost, but also with other Traveller-related subjects.

Aus_Snow

First Post
WotC
TheRPGSite
RPG.net (no, really)
Malhavoc
Green Ronin & True20/BR
Mongoose

Hm, there are at least a few others. . . but I can't remember them, off the top of my head.

Priest_Sidran

First Post
Actually while there are OTHER boards, none of them have quite the polish that Enworld does in regards to the quality of material being presented, and/or maturity of its board members. This is especially true of WoTC.

Nyeshet

First Post
Thank you

Yes, part of the reason I asked the question here is to avoid boards like WotC. I once was a member there (might still be, actually), but its been a couple years since I posted there. There was some occasionally good material there, but winnowing it from the chaff was a strain (pun intended), and that combined with the complete disregard the posters there had for anything third party eventually turned me away from that board.

I'll try looking at those forums and may eventually sign up on one or two of them.

Thanks again.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
GiantITP (you know, that site where the OotS appears) has a forum section, and an active House Rules area. Can't say if it's good or not, but it exists. :)

Cheers, -- N

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases