How tall are the Star Wars Miniatures?

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
My google fu and forum-search fu is very weak. I couldn't find the answer to this simple questions, though I know someone must have asked this in the past.

How tall are the Star Wars miniatures?

The reason I ask is that, with the new Star Wars Saga RPG coming out and my daughters newfound obsession with Star Wars, I was looking into picking up a couple of cases, but I'm gonna wanna display them.

Looking at this display case, Thimble Display Case, I was just wondering if they'd even fit.

JustKim

First Post
AFAIK they're the same general size as the DDM figures. I store my DDM figures in little plastic compartments that're about 2" by 1.75". When lay flat, many figures come close to the 2" mark. Some medium figures and almost all large figures have to be stored in bigger containers. I haven't seen anything that could store a huge figure.

You could probably store most of your human-sized Star Wars minis in those thimble cases, as long as they don't have high overhead weapons (polearms), long flowing cloaks (the bith bounty hunter), or empty space below them to represent flight (Boba Fett).

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
Ah, ok. Thanks for the quick reply. I'll just make a storage/display case like I had for my Grenadier and Ral Partha AD&D miniatures back in the early 80's. Won't look as good (probably) but it'll be perfectly functional.

kenobi65

First Post
Doc_Klueless said:
Ah, ok. Thanks for the quick reply. I'll just make a storage/display case like I had for my Grenadier and Ral Partha AD&D miniatures back in the early 80's. Won't look as good (probably) but it'll be perfectly functional.

They're a little taller than 80s-era Grenadier and RP minis, but not tremendously so. They're fairly consistent in height with modern-era 25-28mm minis (like Reaper).

One thing to keep in mind is that the bases are a full 1" in diameter, so your storage boxes will need to be big enough to hold that.

Remove ads