Metal School

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I remember catching a video by one of the modern "punk" bands...

The guitarist was playing a pristine PRS...

It probably cost as much as the Sex Pistols' entire stage set when they first played "Anarchy in the UK" for the first time. Including their clothing and the stage itself.

That was when whatever doubts I had to their authenticity were erased.

Kurashu

First Post
Fenris said:
A punk has anger in his eyes and blood in his mouth.

And more often than not, a beat down by the Cops.

I can be angry. And I bit my cheek the other day, that bled for a while.

Do either of those count?

*hopeful optimism*

Ferret

Explorer
I read about emo, quite surprised about the history. BUt I knew about the original punks, well a bit.

Keep bringing on the metal history!

Kurashu said:
I can be angry. And I bit my cheek the other day, that bled for a while.

Do either of those count?

*hopeful optimism*
As a former punk that used to wear razor blades on my clothing to better injure my fellow punks while slam dancing.... what do you think?

Now if you had said, "the cop smashed me in the back of the head as I peed on his partner's shoes and I bit my tongue and blood gushed out." - I think we could have let you pass.

Ferret said:
I read about emo, quite surprised about the history. BUt I knew about the original punks, well a bit.

Keep bringing on the metal history!
Thank you, I live but to inform those of the younger generaetions of those that came before. Well, not really, but it sounded good.

Dannyalcatraz said:
I remember catching a video by one of the modern "punk" bands...

The guitarist was playing a pristine PRS...

It probably cost as much as the Sex Pistols' entire stage set when they first played "Anarchy in the UK" for the first time. Including their clothing and the stage itself.

That was when whatever doubts I had to their authenticity were erased.
You are probably correct - a factory PRS runs about $2500, The Pistols rarely played on thier own stage, but got gigs in places that had existing stages that they 'built out'. If I remember correctly, when Sid Vicious joined he stole the bass he used off of a band member of a group that he was playing drums in previously. Most of the gear that they used in the first couple of albums was used or stolen. The first album was actually recorded in an apratment with the drumset surrounded by matresses so they would get hauled off by the police for disturbing the peace (if you can believe that).

Kurashu

First Post
Thunderfoot said:
As a former punk that used to wear razor blades on my clothing to better injure my fellow punks while slam dancing.... what do you think?

Intense man. I doubt that'd fly in any modern mosh pit though.

Thunderfoot said:
Now if you had said, "the cop smashed me in the back of the head as I peed on his partner's shoes and I bit my tongue and blood gushed out." - I think we could have let you pass.

It was sarcasm at any rate however, I'll keep notes on this one.

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
Thunderfoot said:
Wilson - as in related to the Beach Boys and Wilson-Phillips.

Hmm? No relation to Brian- only the Wilson in Wilson-Phillips is related to Brian Wilson of Beach Boys fame, not Ann and Nancy.

Last edited:

Kid Charlemagne said:
Hmm? No relation to Brian- only the Wilson in Wilson-Phillips is related to Brian Wilson of Beach Boys fame, not Ann and Nancy.
I remember reading that Ann and Nancy are cousins, let me check my sources for confirmation. Obviously Carnie is Brian's child.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases