Metal School

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I'm watching "Full Throttle" about the eponymous bar in Sturgis, SD.

Apparently, Jackyl ("The Lumberjack Song") is still alive and well and headlining in biker bars everywhere...

In related news (sort of) Peter Criss was on "That Metal Show" this last week and confirmed that he is free of breast cancer (the reason he left KISS a second time). Also, he has a new "rock" CD (not his melodic reminiscing like his last album) due out next year. Sounds like he and Ace are getting really buddy buddy, who knows, maybe a double headline tour for the two of them?

Razorback

First Post
Newbie to the board (first post).
Our system here at work crashed this morning so, while they are reindexing everything, had a little free time and read the whole thread. Good stuff you all.

Kneecleaver

First Post
Bill Ward released an Album "Along the Way" after rehab, around 1990 iirc. I had a buddy who had it and I really dug it at the time but haven't heard or been able to find it (reasonably priced). There are used on amazon starting at $25 but the single new one is like $133. I really don't like buying used CD's, esp sight unseen. Does anyone know another avenue I can purchase this through?

Also I haven't heard any of his later releases, how are they?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Wow...I don't know how many, if any, Bill Ward solo albums I own.

And my collection is still boxed up, so I can't check!

As for where to find it, my first stops would be Waterloo Records (Austin), Bill's Records & Tapes (D/FW), Forever Young Records (D/FW) or Apple Records (San Antonio). I know Waterloo is online, but I don't know about the others. And if you're a good looking young man, you can get a better deal by showing up at Bill's- he's a gay old goat. No, I'm not kidding. If he thinks you look hot, you'll get a better price. (And no, he doesn't try anything, just looks you up & down.)

(No, I did NOT get a better price.:mad::lol:)

There is also an international record convention that shows up every year in Austin around March, as I recall. Lots of obscure stuff there.

News updates - RJ Dio's wife Wendy has stated that he's doing fine and that he has been faithfully following his treatment plan - Heaven and Hell have started booking summer dates in Europe again so, it appears that he's going to be okay, at least in the interim.

Sadly, Kari Leigh Tucker - Ms. Box of Junk from VH1s "That Metal Show" died unexpectedly on 9 Dec 2009 at the age of 27. Sources say she was found in her apartment in Cleveland, OH. While no official word of cause of death was released, her family immediately sat on the "respect the family privacy" statement and quickly interred the body at a grave site in her home state of Tennessee; so the details point to "other than" natural causes of which the family were aware.

Also, "former" KISS guitarist Bruce Kulick is releasing a new album - however, guest musicians include, Eric Singer (KISS drummer), Gene Simmons (Duh), and Nick Simmons (Gene's son), so I am not so sure about the "former" statement on the press release. It may just be a way for Gene/Paul to interfere with Ace's new release, which is a pretty low blow if it has any merit. (pure professional conjecture on my part)

Think that covers the latest news. Having to post from the wife's laptop since my box is down, which will limit me writing articles for a while, but since they are pretty sporadic anyway....

Keep banging, thrashing and bashing and always be hard... and heavy!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases