Music Metal School - Page 4

+ Log in or register to post
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal School

Ogremoch, Elemental Prince of Evil (Lvl 23)

Ignore Dannyalcatraz
    I remember catching a video by one of the modern "punk" bands...

The guitarist was playing a pristine PRS...

It probably cost as much as the Sex Pistols' entire stage set when they first played "Anarchy in the UK" for the first time. Including their clothing and the stage itself.

That was when whatever doubts I had to their authenticity were erased.
    IAAL...and an MBA. No, really!
    Metal School Founder; Campaign Ideas; my 3.X Databases: The Monk, The Martial Arcanist, Aquatic Ideas, The Psychonomicon

Novice (Lvl 1)

Ignore Kurashu
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris
    A punk has anger in his eyes and blood in his mouth.

And more often than not, a beat down by the Cops.

I can be angry. And I bit my cheek the other day, that bled for a while.

Do either of those count?

*hopeful optimism*
    Inspiration from your damnation. Your breath blackens my lungs.

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Ignore Ferret
    I read about emo, quite surprised about the history. BUt I knew about the original punks, well a bit.

Keep bringing on the metal history!
    @RPG.StackExchange.com

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Ignore Thunderfoot
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurashu
    I can be angry. And I bit my cheek the other day, that bled for a while.

Do either of those count?

*hopeful optimism*
    As a former punk that used to wear razor blades on my clothing to better injure my fellow punks while slam dancing.... what do you think?

Now if you had said, "the cop smashed me in the back of the head as I peed on his partner's shoes and I bit my tongue and blood gushed out." - I think we could have let you pass.
    Headmaster of Metal School

"I may be unconscious, but at least I still look good!" - - Me (at the Halfling Musketeers game GenCon '06)

On one hand, taking away their weapons is a dead giveaway that they will need them. On the other hand, by the time conflict starts the players will already have opened the rulebooks and found the parts that deal with bare-handed combat, performing disarm moves, and using improvised weapons. Players may blunder through dialog with shocking ineptitude, forget the name of the country they are in, or get confused about which side they are on, but once it comes time to roll for initiative they all turn into Sun Tzu. - Shamus Young DM of the Rings

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Ignore Thunderfoot
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferret
    I read about emo, quite surprised about the history. BUt I knew about the original punks, well a bit.

Keep bringing on the metal history!
    Thank you, I live but to inform those of the younger generaetions of those that came before. Well, not really, but it sounded good.

"I may be unconscious, but at least I still look good!" - - Me (at the Halfling Musketeers game GenCon '06)

On one hand, taking away their weapons is a dead giveaway that they will need them. On the other hand, by the time conflict starts the players will already have opened the rulebooks and found the parts that deal with bare-handed combat, performing disarm moves, and using improvised weapons. Players may blunder through dialog with shocking ineptitude, forget the name of the country they are in, or get confused about which side they are on, but once it comes time to roll for initiative they all turn into Sun Tzu. - Shamus Young DM of the Rings

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Ignore Thunderfoot
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyalcatraz
    I remember catching a video by one of the modern "punk" bands...

The guitarist was playing a pristine PRS...

It probably cost as much as the Sex Pistols' entire stage set when they first played "Anarchy in the UK" for the first time. Including their clothing and the stage itself.

That was when whatever doubts I had to their authenticity were erased.
    You are probably correct - a factory PRS runs about $2500, The Pistols rarely played on thier own stage, but got gigs in places that had existing stages that they 'built out'. If I remember correctly, when Sid Vicious joined he stole the bass he used off of a band member of a group that he was playing drums in previously. Most of the gear that they used in the first couple of albums was used or stolen. The first album was actually recorded in an apratment with the drumset surrounded by matresses so they would get hauled off by the police for disturbing the peace (if you can believe that).

Novice (Lvl 1)

Ignore Kurashu
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderfoot
    As a former punk that used to wear razor blades on my clothing to better injure my fellow punks while slam dancing.... what do you think?
    Intense man. I doubt that'd fly in any modern mosh pit though.

Now if you had said, "the cop smashed me in the back of the head as I peed on his partner's shoes and I bit my tongue and blood gushed out." - I think we could have let you pass.
    It was sarcasm at any rate however, I'll keep notes on this one.
    Inspiration from your damnation. Your breath blackens my lungs.

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

Ignore Kid Charlemagne
    Wilson - as in related to the Beach Boys and Wilson-Phillips.
    Hmm? No relation to Brian- only the Wilson in Wilson-Phillips is related to Brian Wilson of Beach Boys fame, not Ann and Nancy.
    Last edited by Kid Charlemagne; Sunday, 20th May, 2007 at 06:10 PM.
    "I hurt Firewing." is not something a huge number of people can say. "He dropped a parking garage on me," on the other hand, a lot of people can say. -Kazan, my Champions GM.

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Ignore Thunderfoot
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne
    Hmm? No relation to Brian- only the Wilson in Wilson-Phillips is related to Brian Wilson of Beach Boys fame, not Ann and Nancy.
    I remember reading that Ann and Nancy are cousins, let me check my sources for confirmation. Obviously Carnie is Brian's child.

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Ignore Thunderfoot
    Bump for impending updates...

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast