Music Metal School - Page 4
+ Log in or register to post
Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 523

Thread: Metal School

  1. #31
    Member
    Time Agent (Lvl 24)

    Dannyalcatraz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Planet Alcatraz & D/FW
    Posts
    34,454
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    TravellerSJGWhite WolfNumeneraDoctor WhoD&DForgotten RealmsReaper MinisHero GamesSpelljammerDark SunEberron

    Block Dannyalcatraz


    Friend+
    My communities:

    I remember catching a video by one of the modern "punk" bands...

    The guitarist was playing a pristine PRS...

    It probably cost as much as the Sex Pistols' entire stage set when they first played "Anarchy in the UK" for the first time. Including their clothing and the stage itself.

    That was when whatever doubts I had to their authenticity were erased.

  2. #32
    Member
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Kurashu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    400
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block Kurashu


    Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris
    A punk has anger in his eyes and blood in his mouth.

    And more often than not, a beat down by the Cops.

    I can be angry. And I bit my cheek the other day, that bled for a while.

    Do either of those count?

    *hopeful optimism*

  3. #33
    I read about emo, quite surprised about the history. BUt I knew about the original punks, well a bit.

    Keep bringing on the metal history!

  4. #34
    Member
    Lama (Lvl 13)



    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Anna, Illinois
    Posts
    3,159
    Reviews
    Read 5 Reviews

    Block Thunderfoot


    Friend+
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurashu
    I can be angry. And I bit my cheek the other day, that bled for a while.

    Do either of those count?

    *hopeful optimism*
    As a former punk that used to wear razor blades on my clothing to better injure my fellow punks while slam dancing.... what do you think?

    Now if you had said, "the cop smashed me in the back of the head as I peed on his partner's shoes and I bit my tongue and blood gushed out." - I think we could have let you pass.

  5. #35
    Member
    Lama (Lvl 13)



    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Anna, Illinois
    Posts
    3,159
    Reviews
    Read 5 Reviews

    Block Thunderfoot


    Friend+
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferret
    I read about emo, quite surprised about the history. BUt I knew about the original punks, well a bit.

    Keep bringing on the metal history!
    Thank you, I live but to inform those of the younger generaetions of those that came before. Well, not really, but it sounded good.

  6. #36
    Member
    Lama (Lvl 13)



    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Anna, Illinois
    Posts
    3,159
    Reviews
    Read 5 Reviews

    Block Thunderfoot


    Friend+
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyalcatraz
    I remember catching a video by one of the modern "punk" bands...

    The guitarist was playing a pristine PRS...

    It probably cost as much as the Sex Pistols' entire stage set when they first played "Anarchy in the UK" for the first time. Including their clothing and the stage itself.

    That was when whatever doubts I had to their authenticity were erased.
    You are probably correct - a factory PRS runs about $2500, The Pistols rarely played on thier own stage, but got gigs in places that had existing stages that they 'built out'. If I remember correctly, when Sid Vicious joined he stole the bass he used off of a band member of a group that he was playing drums in previously. Most of the gear that they used in the first couple of albums was used or stolen. The first album was actually recorded in an apratment with the drumset surrounded by matresses so they would get hauled off by the police for disturbing the peace (if you can believe that).

  7. #37
    Member
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Kurashu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    400
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block Kurashu


    Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderfoot
    As a former punk that used to wear razor blades on my clothing to better injure my fellow punks while slam dancing.... what do you think?
    Intense man. I doubt that'd fly in any modern mosh pit though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderfoot
    Now if you had said, "the cop smashed me in the back of the head as I peed on his partner's shoes and I bit my tongue and blood gushed out." - I think we could have let you pass.
    It was sarcasm at any rate however, I'll keep notes on this one.

  8. #38
    I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Kid Charlemagne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs, IL
    Posts
    4,437
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block Kid Charlemagne


    Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderfoot
    Wilson - as in related to the Beach Boys and Wilson-Phillips.
    Hmm? No relation to Brian- only the Wilson in Wilson-Phillips is related to Brian Wilson of Beach Boys fame, not Ann and Nancy.
    Last edited by Kid Charlemagne; Sunday, 20th May, 2007 at 07:10 PM.

  9. #39
    Member
    Lama (Lvl 13)



    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Anna, Illinois
    Posts
    3,159
    Reviews
    Read 5 Reviews

    Block Thunderfoot


    Friend+
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne
    Hmm? No relation to Brian- only the Wilson in Wilson-Phillips is related to Brian Wilson of Beach Boys fame, not Ann and Nancy.
    I remember reading that Ann and Nancy are cousins, let me check my sources for confirmation. Obviously Carnie is Brian's child.

  10. #40
    Member
    Lama (Lvl 13)



    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Anna, Illinois
    Posts
    3,159
    Reviews
    Read 5 Reviews

    Block Thunderfoot


    Friend+
    My communities:

    Bump for impending updates...

+ Log in or register to post
Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Similar Threads

  1. On Change, Old School, New School, Same School, and High School.
    By joethelawyer in forum Roleplaying Games General Discussion
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: Saturday, 2nd May, 2009, 12:46 AM
  2. High School and Middle School Gaming Clubs
    By geekspeakweekly in forum Roleplaying Games General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Tuesday, 29th August, 2006, 02:55 AM
  3. School in California decides to make elementary school students wear RFIDs *Updated*
    By reveal in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: Sunday, 20th February, 2005, 06:49 AM
  4. OT: Death Metal & Black Metal
    By BLACKDIRGE in forum Roleplaying Games General Discussion
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: Tuesday, 9th April, 2002, 02:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •