Metal School

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Quick question y'all...

I was watching Headbanger's Ball a couple of weeks ago and caught a clip of Rob Halford singing something...and then we had an emergency broadcast break-in. I didn't catch enough to recognize the song.

Does anyone know if JP has a new album on the way or if Rob doing another solo project?

The last album was realeased in 2005 (has it really been that long?) so it is possible that the video you saw was off that release, but I will dredge the muck pits for more confirmation. :)

Danny - my sources tell me that you probably saw "Forgotten Generation"
Halford has released a compilation/update CD entitled 'Metal God - Essentials Vol 1' and there are 2 new songs included - the previously mentioned and "Drop Out". "FG" is the released single.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
D'ya know if it included JP stuff?

It was concert footage- recent, because RH was bald- and the long shot of the band looked more JP than his solo efforts. You know...big stage, lots of speakers, etc.

FWIW, I saw what seems to be new Iron Maiden in another episode of the Ball...sounds good.

MrFilthyIke

First Post
Yeah, JP released "Judas Priest Angel Of Retribution" in 2005.

Maiden released "Matter Of Life And Death" in 2006.

Metal is alive and well. :)

The new Halford stuff is very much like Priest. (go figure.) If you go here you can probably see the video that you saw. Go to the music section, a video should pop up and start playing.

Maiden's "A Matter of Life and Death" will be 1 year old on August 28th (they are still on tour in Europe promoting it) so new singles from that release are a solid possibility.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases