Gaming Conventions in North America

Lalato

Adventurer
OK, I've exhausted my Google-foo, and I'm turning to ENWorlders for help. Attached is a list of just about every convention in North America that happens to have gaming either featured or on the side.

If you know of any gaming conventions in North America that are not on the list, please take a moment to post about it here in this thread. I need the following info...

Convention Name
City, State
Dates of most recent or next Con (whichever is available)
Website

Gaming Conventions in this case are defined as any convention that features tabletop gaming in some way. Conventions that happen to have an open gaming room with a few people playing Magic or Monopoly don't count. I want conventions that have scheduled events and tournaments for RPG, boardgames and wargames (fantasy or historical).

While I have nothing against the RPGA (I play whenever I get the chance), I don't need conventions that only feature RPGA games. I can find plenty of those on Warhorn.net.

Thanks for your help! I truly appreciate it.
--sam

Attachments

• Delegate Convention Listing.xls
    192 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
Penny Arcade Expo
Seattle, WA
August 24-26, 2007
www.pennyarcadeexpo.com

Three-day festival with music, tournaments, panels, parties, freeplay, RPGA games, and exhibitor booths. No sword or costume booths--just top-tier exhibitors* showing off new and unreleased tabletop, console, and computer games.

-z

* WotC, Wizkids, Green Ronin, Fantasy Flight Games, GW, Sony, Microsoft, Sierra/Vivendi, Ubisoft, Atari, Namco Bandai, NCSoft, Paizo, Nvidia, and so on.

Contrarian

First Post
convention 116 was in Garden City, not Detroit. Not that I really expect it to happen again -- it was a serious mess this year.

convention 176 should be "BASHCon". UT-BASH is the name of the club that sponsors it. The convention website is http://ut-bash.com/bashcon/index.php

I spotted one Michigan convention your're missing, but it's an odd duck:

StarCon -- Rochester, MI, USA -- March 8, 2008 -- the closest thing it has to a website is http://www.oakland.edu/org/theguild/ , because their University won't let them advertise off campus, or something like that. They're like, Michigan's secret convention.

I don't see Winter Dark or Troll Con on the list, either.

Stormborn

Explorer
Dragon*Con
Atlanta, GA
Labor Day Weekend
http://www.dragoncon.org/

I should point out that DragonCon isn't very much of a gaming con, its a "pop culture event" as a friend of mine put it. If you are looking to play some rpgs, boardgames, or card games all weekend you can do that easily or if you are looking for some good deals on game books, dice, etc. you can also find that. However, if you want to talk to big names from gaming or go to panels you are mostly out of luck. White Wolf is always there, as an Atlanta based company, and does some panels and events; so its great if you are a WoD fan. I have also seen a few other people from the industry there. Given its date, to close to bigger Cons else where, gaming is never a focus. Seeing stars of genre TV and movies (and even comics) and lots of people walking around Atlanta in very interesting costumes is the main draw. Whenever I see as sci-fi or comic convention depicted on TV with nothing but overweight male nerds I think "you have never been to Dragon*Con." It has a bit of a repuatation as a party Con as well.

Kaladhan

First Post
RoyalCon (www.royalcon.ca) : Montreal 14-16 September 2007
This is a gaming convention, including Role-Playing games, larping, boardgames, miniatures, etc.

Otakuthon (www.otakuthon.com) : Montreal 4-5 August 2007
It's an anime convention, but there's a small RPG room where people are welcomed to play.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases