HackMaster: The New Edition

Jolly_Blackburn

First Post
Hard8Staff said:
AT GTS, several retailers/distributors said "hey, this is the nicest Western RPG I've ever seen!" And I replied, "thanks, but I think you're wrong...name for me a nicer looking RPG from ANY genre, including leather bound special editions." Not one could think of a book that surpasses A&8: Shattered Frontiers.

Course I was holding a gun to thier head at the time. ;)

Jolly_Blackburn

First Post
thedungeondelver said:

I'm on the record as disliking HACKMASTER not just a little bit. I had a copy of the PLAYER'S HANDBOOK back in 2002 and there was much that turned me off.

I'll have a look at the GAMEMASTER'S GUIDE and see if that changes my mind.

That's cool.

Hackmaster is like Kopi Luwak coffee bean. Not for everyone. ;)

teitan

Legend
I hate the Hacklopedia of Beasts set up. They need to do a core Hacklopedia and then supplements that add monsters but not a Hacklopedia of Beasts vol. 1 A-D etc.

w_earle_wheeler

First Post
teitan said:
I hate the Hacklopedia of Beasts set up. They need to do a core Hacklopedia and then supplements that add monsters but not a Hacklopedia of Beasts vol. 1 A-D etc.

Yeah -- it would be much better (if multiple volumes were required) to emulate the Monster Manual 1, 2 and 3 set-up. The most common and iconic monsters in the first, the weirder ones in the second, the crazy insane ones in the third. And then a 4th one that everyone complains about.

rowport

First Post
Aces & Eights at Chicago GameDay

Hey, Mark & Jolly! I dig KotDT a lot, but have not really checked out the rest of your products. But, I *really* like the idea of a solid western setting RPG. My buddy thalmin (proud owner and operator of the wonderful store that is Games Plus) is going to run a game of Aces & Eights at the next Chicago GameDay at Games Plus, and since it is 'in the neighborhood' I bet everybody there would be stoked if you could attend! (Or, alternatively, insert cheesy prize support plea. LOL)

The Chicago GameDay planning thread is active right now... but just in case, I will point the organizer Buzz over to this thread, too.

"Put 'em up, pardner!"

EDIT: Shameless plug for Games Plus -- no bribe needed!

Last edited:

thedungeondelver

Adventurer
Jolly_Blackburn said:
That's cool.

Hackmaster is like Kopi Luwak coffee bean. Not for everyone. ;)

I leave it as an excercise for the irony police that you're comparing your flagship product with a coffee bean that cats poop out before said beans are processed in to coffee.

Regardless of the price, ewwwww.

:D

Jolly_Blackburn

First Post
teitan said:

Maybe you didn't know it but there IS a Hacklopedia core book that groups monsters from the other volumes between two covers. Sort of an essential collection for those GM's who don't want to buy all the other volumes.

Jolly_Blackburn

First Post
thedungeondelver said:

I leave it as an excercise for the irony police that you're comparing your flagship product with a coffee bean that cats poop out before said beans are processed in to coffee.

Regardless of the price, ewwwww.

:D

;) Just seeing if you were paying attention.

Jolly_Blackburn

First Post
rowport said:
Hey, Mark & Jolly! I dig KotDT a lot, but have not really checked out the rest of your products. But, I *really* like the idea of a solid western setting RPG. My buddy thalmin (proud owner and operator of the wonderful store that is Games Plus) is going to run a game of Aces & Eights at the next Chicago GameDay at Games Plus, and since it is 'in the neighborhood' I bet everybody there would be stoked if you could attend! (Or, alternatively, insert cheesy prize support plea. LOL)

The Chicago GameDay planning thread is active right now... but just in case, I will point the organizer Buzz over to this thread, too.

"Put 'em up, pardner!"

EDIT: Shameless plug for Games Plus -- no bribe needed!

Thanks for the reminder. We're scrambling to make that happen. ;)

Remove ads