Chicago Gameday XVII Planning Thread: June 30th is our date

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzz

Adventurer
[highlight]This thread is for planning purposes only. A separate thread will be created for player sign-up closer to Gameday. A link to that thread will be posted here.[/highlight]

This is the planning thread for Chicago Gameday XVII. If you're interested in running an event for Gameday, or just have planning help to offer, this is the thread for you. If you're confused, learn more about Chicago Gameday.

[h1]The Time and The Place[/h1]
[highlight]Gameday XVII will be on Saturday, June 30th.[/highlight] Events start at 9:30am. Gameday XVII will be hosted by Games Plus, a.k.a., Earth's Greatest Game Store™.

[h1]Events[/h1]
If you would like to run an event for Gameday XVII, please post your event proposal in this thread and indicate when you would like to run it. An event title and short description should be provided for use in the sign-up thread. You don't need these in order to volunteer an event, but I'll need them eventually.

Gameday has two event slots that are 4-5 hours each: a morning slot from 9:30am to 2:30pm, and an afternoon slot from 4:00pm to 9:00pm (and beyond). We try to run 6-8 events in each slot, with 4-6 players plus GM in each event. GMs may request more/fewer seats in their event.

If you do not have an ENWorld Community Supporter account with Private Messaging enabled, please make sure I have your email address. Feel free to email me.

A player sign-up thread will be created in a few weeks. Once the sign-up thread begins, [highlight]GM volunteers have until one week before Gameday in which they may remove their event from the schedule[/highlight]. After that point, the schedule is set in stone, and you come to Gameday prepared to run your event, regardless of whether anyone has signed up for it.

Pre-approval of player sign-ups is not allowed. By volunteering to run an event, you're agreeing to run it for whomever signs up.

[h1]Current Event Lineup[/h1]
[h2]Morning[/h2]
  1. D&D, Mark CMG (private room)
  2. "Expedition to Mt. McCraken (A)," D&D, Barendd Nobeard
  3. "Expedition to Mt. McCraken (B)," D&D, Sqwonk (tall table in back)
  4. "S.O.S. Winchesters," Unisystem/Witchcraft, Ninjacat
  5. Spirit of the Century, buzz (whiteboard)
  6. Star Wars Saga Ed., FCWesel
[h2]Afternoon[/h2]
  1. Roma Imperious, HinterWelt
  2. "Famine in Far-Go," True20, Pbartender
  3. "Ghostbusters III: Revenge of Dr. Janosz Poha", Ghostbusters, TracerBullet42
  4. "The Distraction," Black Company d20, Vyvyan Basterd
  5. Aces & Eights, thalmin
  6. Primitive, Nev the Deranged
  7. "I Only Have Eyes For You...And You...And You...," Call of Cthulhu BRP, Yort

[h1]Prizes[/h1]
Gameday features a prize giveaway between the morning and afternoon slots. If you have a connection to a game company or other organization and can obtain prize donations, please let us know so that efforts are not duplicated. Otherwise, all prize solicitations from publishers are handled by myself. GMs and attendees are also welcome to donate prizes from their own collections.

[h1]Suggestions[/h1]
If you have suggestions, recommendations, or ideas for enhancing the fun of Gameday, please feel free to post them here and we'll open up discussion.

Last edited:

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
I'd love to use the private room for a D&D game in slot 2, please. And, as always, there will be electronic prize support for all DMs who desire such.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
What? Floyd hasn't signed up to run a couple of games yet? This thread is already more than a half hour old! :p

TracerBullet42

First Post
thalmin said:
What? Floyd hasn't signed up to run a couple of games yet? This thread is already more than a half hour old! :p
What a slacker...

I'm fairly certain that I am in town that weekend, so I should be up for running something...likely some Ghostbusters.

I'll get my scheduled figured out and let you know...

Until then...

BOO YAH!!! Gameday #17! Wow!

Ninjacat

First Post
Wow, we're up to GD #17 already, huh? My how time flies.

I do believe I'll be running a Unisystem/Witchcraft event. "Supernatural", as in: the tv series, probably using a combination of standard Unisystem rules and some Jossverse tweaks. I'm still figuring out all my details (I'm running this event at GenCon) so Buzz, I'll get back to you with a post here on the full synopsis, etc later. Then again, "Supernatural", 1d10, 6 Players, that covers the basics. :cool:

See Y'all on June 30th!

HinterWelt

First Post
Hah! I saw this one now instead of after all the slots were filled!

If I could jump in with a Roma Imperious in slot 2 that would be great.

Hopefully I will have Shaolin Squirrels to hand out...Everybody was Squirrel-fu fightin'

Thanks,
Bill

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Swtch my D&D game to slot 1 in the same room, please, Buzz. I promised HinterWelt I would join his Roma game when he chose to run it but had forgotten he had said it would need to be in slot 2. Thank you and sorry for the early thread confusion. :)

FCWesel

First Post
I can run one event in the afternoon, in the private room please, since Mark is not going to use it.

To buck the trend, and throw Thalmin a curveball, I'll probably do something "D20". Maybe the new STAR WARS game.

Pbartender

First Post
In the Afternoon... "Famine in Far-Go" (True20)

Attachments

• TSR7502_360.jpeg
    TSR7502_360.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 673

Buzz,

Sqwonk and I would like to run two tables in the morning slot. The groups of PCs at each table will eventually face each other in a fight to the finish.

This will be a standard 3.5 D&D (sorry, no Synnibarr this time). More details to follow.

Kent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads