W1: Blacklily Violence (Completed!) [Rae Judging]

Wik

First Post
OOC: Just a note: I don't have a whole lot of time right now, so I Can't truly wrap this up until maybe later tonight, or tomorrow afternoon at the latest. But, yeah, you'll all be getting your XP's soon.

Trouvere

Explorer
"It... may be as you say," says Conuld. "But if I might offer a presumptuous observation, it would be sensible if Vannon were to be found a task to fill his time - perhaps with Arimae interests outside Orussus? Flirting with thieves, or even just gambling to excess, neither are healthy occupations."

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Indeed." Saithnar says simply and to the point. "Though it was not an easy task, we appreciate your employment of us in this matter, and if you should require any further services at a later date we can be found at the Red Dragon Inn as I'm sure you know."

"So, unless there is anything else to cover, we can wrap up this endeavor and be on our way? I am badly in need of rest myself, for it has been a long and tiring night."

Trouvere

Explorer
"There is one more thing," says Conuld, stifling a yawn. "We intend to inform the authorities of the killing of four Blacklily thieves. I hope I can be found at the Red Dragon in future, but perhaps I will soon reside, for a time, at the town jail. We would appreciate any help or influence you could provide in our favour, Cassus Arimae."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Ja, rest at das fire verm...er ret dragoon..." the tall nortlander still stands, although at his height the wavering is abplified like shakie a tall thin tree. He grabs the back of Conuld's chair to steady himself, but stil has the silly grin of the night's bargining showing.

"I hope that captain make Riffer scrub deck all das time *HIC* "

Trouvere

Explorer
Conuld notices his chair shake and looks over his shoulder at the northman. "Please excuse his inebriation, sir," he says. "Pendrake's contribution tonight was essential, but required him to consume a great deal of beer while he gathered information and negotiated assistance. He fought bravely, too, and avenged the death of the tavernkeeper. Ah... could something be done to find out if that man had a family? We bear some responsibility for his death."

Wik

First Post
Cassus quickly takes Conuld's advice, and promises to send his brother on his way - perhaps overseeing some endeavour in the south. Gratefully, he accepts the Arimae necklace and promises to do all he can to protect you from the law - "I have a few barristers who I'm sure will help"

Strangely enough, no one ever approaches you about the dead blacklily thieves. In fact, it's almost as if no one noticed their passing. About the only death reported by the morning is that of the tavernkeeper - a few investigators hear your story (whatever you decide to tell) and pass it off as an unfortunate accident. Soon, it is revealed that his debtors are thrilled at his demise. In fact, within a week, there is a new owner at "the Ship's Wheel", a wily-faced man who learned a bit from his predecessor - hanging from the ship's helm signboard (it is still unnamed) is a simple wooden plaque that reads "This Tavern Supports our Local City Watch - 20% discount for all Civil Servants!"

Needless to say, Blacklilies and other unsavoury fellows find other places to frequent.

Cassus, of course, has no qualms with paying you fairly - in fact, he adds a bonus for "excessive trials and tribulations in pursuit of the prize". You are each given a line of credit in the Arimae name, worth 250 Golden crowns! Obviously, there is no problem cashing this credit, although the moneylender complains about the undue stress on the local economy "Those blasted Arimaes" are causing. (OOC: You each gain 250 GP!)

Of course, you are able to use what little treasure gleamed from the Blacklilies themselves to identify random gear that has been found. In fact, the following are the various "treasures" acquired during your search for the Arimae necklace:

1 - Potion of Cure Light Wounds (1d8+1)
2 - Potion of Cure Light Wounds (1d8+1)
3- Scroll of Alarm (as 2nd level caster)
4 - Scroll of Disguise Self (2nd level caster)
5 - Scroll of Sleep (2nd level caster)
6 - Scroll of Hold Portal (2nd level caster)
7 - Masterwork Silver Dagger with the name "Carson" inscribed on the bottom
8 - Silver Brooch worth 100 GP
9 - Wand of Magic Missiles, 1st level caster (7 charges remaining, command word "Lily")
10 - Masterwork Light Crossbow, with Blacklily insignia carved into it.

Exactly how you divide that gear up is, of course, up to you to decide. I suggest rolling 1d100, and highest picks first. That one always works.

***EXPERIENCE***

Two 1st Level Rogues - CR 1 each. 50 XP each
Valera, Oresia, and Arkad - 1st level Rogues. 50 XP each
Carson, 2nd Level Rogue - 100 XP each
Riffer, 2nd Level Wizard - 100 XP each
Finding the Arimae Necklace - 100 XP
CR 1 Needle Trap - 50 XP each
Time Playing XP (2 months game time, rounded up) +100 XP
Total - 700 XP each

(yeah, I rounded up on the game time XP... so much for "two weeks or so", eh?)

INDIVIDUAL AWARDS

Cludge:
- Reward for "Just Being Cludge" (I like the guy!) +25 XP.
- Remembering that Vannon is an Arimae: +100 XP
- Cludge's Total XP earned: 825 XP.

Conuld:
- Screwing up plans with quick use of Colour Spray (grr!) + 50 XP
- Frequent postings (always nice!) + 50 XP
- Being in adventure for the duration +100 XP
- Conuld's Total XP earned: 900 XP.

Pendrake:
- The Accent, man, the accent! +50 XP
- Staying in character when charmed: +25 XP
- Being in the Adventure for the Duration: +100 XP
- Pendrake's Total XP earned: 875 XP

Rathan:
- Staying in character by wanting to go to the "cops": +50 XP.
- Rathan's Total XP earned: 750 XP

Saithnar:
- Best Song in Drinking Contest: +50 XP
- Excellent performance in the "Riffer fight": +50 XP
- Saithnar's Total XP earned: 800 XP.

Solange:
- Information gathering about the "strange creatures": +50 XP
- Excellent RP in speaking to the bartender: +50 XP
- Being in the adventure for the duration: +100 XP
- Solange's Total XP earned: 900 XP.

Tommy:
- Tommy's discomfort with the "ladies of the evening" (made me laugh): +50 XP
- Being in Adventure for the Duration: +100 XP
- Tomy's Total XP earned: 850 XP

Of course, these results have to be approved by the judge.

All that being said, it's been a lot of fun, guys, and I hope to see some of you in my next PbP (which has already been approved... I imagine it'll run in a week or so. I'll be mixing things up a bit, though).

Solange

First Post
OOC: It was a lot of fun. Great job Wik, and the rest of you as well.

We could always sell it, split it, and then people could buy back the items as they wished...

1 - Potion of Cure Light Wounds (1d8+1) (25GP Sale)
2 - Potion of Cure Light Wounds (1d8+1) (25GP Sale)
3- Scroll of Alarm (as 2nd level caster) (25 GP Sale)
4 - Scroll of Disguise Self (2nd level caster) (25 GP Sale)
5 - Scroll of Sleep (2nd level caster) (25 GP Sale)
6 - Scroll of Hold Portal (2nd level caster) (25 GP Sale)
7 - Masterwork Silver Dagger with the name "Carson" inscribed on the bottom (151 GP Sale)
8 - Silver Brooch worth 100 GP (100 GP Sale?)
9 - Wand of Magic Missiles, 1st level caster (7 charges remaining, command word "Lily") (57GP 5SP sale (15GP per charge value))
10 - Masterwork Light Crossbow, with Blacklily insignia carved into it. (162GP 5SP Sale) (How much to get the insignia removed?)

That's 621, or 88 gold, 7 silver, and 4 copper (with an extra 2 copper to spare, probably payed for drinks at the par).

Sound fair?

Solange wouldn't mind the masterwork crossbow, but only if she could remove the blacklilly symbol from it. Otherwise, she's fine without it, and if someone else really wants it, she'll let them have it.

Tommy might want all the scrolls, depending on if he wants any of those spells.

Solange

First Post
Oh, and is there going to be a followup? I'd love to continue Solange in investigating this if it end up going again :) I've got someone else in the tavern, so I'll sit out here a bit and wait.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases