W1: Blacklily Violence (Completed!) [Rae Judging]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Wik said:
Rathan and Saithnar both stand out like sore thumbs, and watch the room around them uneasily. Unfortunately, both (along with Pendrake), are grabbed by the singing sailors and forced to grab seats at their table. One sailor, a massive man missing almost half his teeth, seems to almost be serenading Rathan, doing his best to get the priest to sing along.

"Seadog Pete had a mighty old fleet,
a mighty fine fleet had he,
Until one storm
he got washed ashore
now muddy old feet has he!"

he wheezes into Rathan's face, fully expecting one of the three new arrivals to take the next verse.

taking up his mug pendrake takes a try at the verse,
"seadog pete vas really card cheat,
a mighty quick hant had he
until von night he got in a fight
ofer measly coppers three!"

he then chugs his mugs remaining contents and belches out 'Skol!'

Phoenix8008

First Post
Raising one eyebrow in curiosity at being 'invited' to the table full of drunkard singers, Saithnar soon sees opportunity ahead if they can befriend their inebriated hosts. Raising a hand to request a mug of ale from the barmaid, Saithnar attempts to follow Pendrake's queue by trying another verse...

"Seadog Pete had very quick feet,
very quick feet had he.
And on that night,
to avoid that fight,
he ran back to a ship at sea!"

Receiving his mug and paying the barmaid, he takes a small drink to sooth his throat after so much talking.

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
"Seadog pete had mighty cold feet
the fridgid sea waters logged,
a drink he had to warm his soul
at the local tavern hole!
"

the priest uttered hoping this was an impromto song as he just made up a short verse as not to be stabbed or pummeled lewdly by the drunken sailors/pirates..... his eyes looking rather flustered as he gazed at Saithnar hoping he'd done the right thing and sang a verse.... he was at a loss in this area he wasn't much of a singer.. though his voice was rather nice for a simple cleric.... his lyric creations though left much to be desired as he just did his best to please his new aquaintances...

[sblock=doh, ooc!] I just noticed my line doesn't really fit.. if you would please Wik. just assume Rathan's came first.. then it'll fit LOL[/sblock]

Last edited:

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist

Cludge scowls back at the barkeep.
Blackberries, he snorts into his mug, taking another swig.
What's she got ta be afraid of in a bunch o' lousy berries? Dontcha worry miss, ye'll be just fine. He takes another gulp and looks around the bar.

Solange

First Post
Wik said:
The bartender scowls at Solange for a moment, and then thinks for a moment. He seems to accept her story, and then pours her a stiff drink. Sliging it over to her, he leans in and quietly whispers "You've been blacklilied, lady. And it'll happen twice in one night if you stay here. You and the dwarf should get going. Trust me."
AGFlynn said:
Cludge scowls back at the barkeep.
Blackberries, he snorts into his mug, taking another swig.
What's she got ta be afraid of in a bunch o' lousy berries? Dontcha worry miss, ye'll be just fine. He takes another gulp and looks around the bar.
"Blacklilied? What's that?" Solange asks timidly. "Why would it happen again?"

Wik

First Post
OOC: Sorry about the late reply... had a helluva weekend. :p

The crowd of drinkers get more and more excited after each verse... banging their mugs upon the table at Pendrake's verse, and chanting "Oy oy oy!" in time to Rathan's verse. After Saithnar's verse, they break out into a frenzy of cheering, until one man, an overweight fellow with more hair on his arms than his head, stands up and says "Oy, fellas! Shaddup! I... I..." his voice slurs. "I have a toast...."

He raises his mug in the air, spilling a fair amount of ale upon the table. "TO ALCOHOL!"

The group explodes into cheering, and several hands slap Saithnar and Pendrake on the backs.

"My friends," the bald man slurs. "This has been the best night of drinking in this city... whatzit, Orussus?... I've ever had the... pleasure... of having. TO ALCOHOL!"

Conuld throws his daggers and isn't entirely impressed with his throws. Both men saunter up to the board and take turns throwing daggers. The first throws his daggers, and all three miss the mark by quite a bit... scoring only 4 points. The second laughs, and says "bad luck, there, mate..."

He throws his first two shots, getting two points on each, and then, as he cocks his arm for the third throw, trips. The dagger flies loose and wedges itself into the wall nearby.

Both men grumble, and hand over their coppers to Conuld. "You win... but let's raise the stakes... one gold!" one of the men grumbles.

The bartender takes a long look at Solange and Cludge, and then his eyes cock up at the two men throwing daggers with Conuld. "Blacklilies are a group of, men outside the law, dearie. And, well... some of them are right here"

Rathan

First Post
Rathan isn't sure what to do at the current moment.... he wants OUT.. and fast.... drunken sailors were not his pot'o'tea as it were and it seemed he wasn't getting anywheres with any information as these lushes seemed to be new to the city just as he himself was... he managed a smile and tried to cheer when they did as not to incite a drunken bar brawl... that was the last thing he needed or wanted..... he would look around to his companions in hopes they have any ideas on a hastey retreat...

Trouvere

Explorer
Wik said:
Both men grumble, and hand over their coppers to Conuld. "You win... but let's raise the stakes... one gold!" one of the men grumbles.
"I wish!" says Conuld. "Yesterday I was a library assistant. Today, I'm down and out, with no job. I came down to the docks thinking I could sign onto a ship, but I realised quickly I wouldn't be best suited to that life. Here, how are you going with those drinks? I'll buy you a refill with my winnings." He jingles the coppers. "Any idea if there's any work going here that doesn't require me to go to sea?"

Wik

First Post
The two men take a look at Conuld, and grimace. The lead one smiles cruelly. "You don't understand... we're going to raise the stakes. ONE GOLD."

The other man places a rough hand on Conuld's shoulder. "We don't pay for drinks here, friend. Put up or go down. It's your choice." He holds one of the throwing daggers menacingly, as if to drive his point across.

Trouvere

Explorer
Wik said:
The other man places a rough hand on Conuld's shoulder. "We don't pay for drinks here, friend. Put up or go down. It's your choice." He holds one of the throwing daggers menacingly, as if to drive his point across.
Conuld swallows. "All right," he says, fishing out a single gold coin. He takes the three daggers and throws at the board. The first dagger misses entirely, but the two others stick quivering. Conuld goes to retrieve them, and takes some time examining the board. "Five points again," he says. When he turns around, his crossbow is in his hands, pointing directly at one of his new 'friends'. "Six points, counting this one." Then he yells "Cludge! Tommy!"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases