W1: Blacklily Violence (Completed!) [Rae Judging]

Solange

First Post
Trouvere said:
Conuld nods in greeting as Solange rejoins them. "The traders are closing their stalls," he says, "and I have learned nothing of interest, though I have made some small purchases. Did you two do any better? Where is Tommy? It will be dark soon. We should stick together."
"I heard 'bout some beady eyed creatures meet'n folks in alleyways. 'Twas second hand, but she seemed sure 'bout it. Roselia saw 'em," Solange explains as she leans on her crook to get comfortable. Then she sighs, "Guess I shoulda asked where Roselia was."

covaithe

Explorer
Unruly hair bobbing like a cork above the sea of faces, Tommy eventually catches up with the others in time to hear Solange's findings. "Aha! Beady-eyed creatures! Always a sign that the game is afoot!" He blinks, and notices the old man with the scarf. "Oh, and have we discovered the nature of the mysterious scarf as well? Good show! What can you tell us about scarves like this, venerable sir?"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Wik said:
While the group discusses potential plans for their eventual encounter with the thieves, the spectacled old man discovered by Pendrake's snooping still holds the scarf in his hands. They seem to tremble a little bit, and several times Pendrake (and whoever is near him when he discovers the old man) notice that he keeps looking over his shoulder anxiously.

pendrake takes the scarf back as discreatly as he can then asks in a low voice, "i am not of these parts...who is blacklilly?"

Trouvere

Explorer
In a loud voice, for the benefit of any onlookers, Conuld says "This rebec here would make a fine holiday gift for my nephew, who shows musical promise." Then in a soft tone, he says "You have nothing to fear from us, father."
(OOC - Diplomacy check 1d20=18 if required)

Last edited:

Wik

First Post
The old man adjusts his spectacles, and then flashes an awkward smile that is missing far too many teeth. "Yes, that Rebec would be great for your nephew... and it's only 4 golden crowns... I'm old enough to know that information isn't free."

Trouvere

Explorer
"Sthyr othokent tuor aurix durah renthisj, Atomerasu. Kosj vethinoach kosj. Wux majak lauth?" hisses Conuld to Tommy, exasperatedly.
[sblock=Draconic]"The cunning old man wants a golden bribe to speak, Atomerasu. Little wealth have I. Will you lend me a little?"[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Tommy nods, silent for once, and fishes out four gold coins, and hands two to the old man. "I think half up front would be appropriate, don't you?

Trouvere

Explorer
covaithe said:
Tommy nods, silent for once, and fishes out four gold coins, and hands two to the old man. "I think half up front would be appropriate, don't you?
"And I am definitely taking the instrument, whether or no," says Conuld petulantly. "Thanks, Tommy. I'll pay you back."

Wik

First Post
The man nods once more, and then looks around with shifty eyes. "It's a fine instrument! Your nephew will be very pleased! I know of several music tutors who would gladly offer their services, as well."

He leans in, taking the two gold from Tommy, and then whispers just loudly enough to be heard over the din of the marketplace "The blacklilies are a group of thieves that specialize in breaking and entering. They can be fairly brutal... especially on their 'ship raids'... that's when they hit a ship that's moored overnight while waiting for an early-morning inspection. They all wear those scarves... I know a couple of the vendors that don't have proper walls - such as myself - will give them a discount on wares... paying 'protection money', I guess. Look, if they hit your ship, you'd be best to just let it pass and moor out of the harbour until the sun comes up next time." The whole time, he is holding the instrument in his hands as if showing Tommy and Conuld how to play it, and rubbing the wood, miming how to clean it.

Trouvere

Explorer
Playing along, Conuld runs a thumb across the strings to hear the instrument's tone. "How many of them are there? Where can we find them?" He fishes for a gold coin of his own, putting a restraining hand on Tommy's sleeve momentarily, lest he hand over the remainder of the bribe.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases