W1: Blacklily Violence (Completed!) [Rae Judging]

Wik

First Post
The old man looks up at the sky for a moment, and then quickly bends behind his cart. He comes up with a bow strung with horsehair. Once again he starts playing the instrument, a jaunty tune consisting of sharp, staccato swipes of the bow. "Don't know how many, sir. I do know they're led by a lady, and that their second-in-charge is a right bastard that loves wearing a ridiculous pointed hat. They sell some of their stolen goods to desperate vendors during the night - usually on the north docks, but sometimes on the south. They have a man that does much of the selling... Mannon? Bannon? Vannon? Something like that."

[sblock=OOC to Rae]I'll have the adventure info for you in a day or so. I just got a new computer, so I'm in the process of transferring all my files over.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC to Group]We should have some new PCs coming in soon, which'll improve your range of abilities. Don't worry about XP - I've made some quick changes to take care of a slightly larger group. Also, I won't be posting all tuesday (heading to Vancouver) and most of wednesday. Just to letcha know.[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
Wik said:
"Don't know how many, sir. I do know they're led by a lady, and that their second-in-charge is a right bastard that loves wearing a ridiculous pointed hat. They sell some of their stolen goods to desperate vendors during the night - usually on the north docks, but sometimes on the south. They have a man that does much of the selling... Mannon? Bannon? Vannon? Something like that."
"Thank you," says Conuld, pleased, sliding two gold pieces to the old man. "This is for your help - and your future discretion. You can keep your instrument; I have no need of it." Out loud, he says "Will you arrange to have this rebec delivered tomorrow?"

covaithe

Explorer
"Indeed," adds Tommy in a dramatic stage whisper. "You may sleep sound tonight knowing your assistance may have been instrumental in an heroic undertaking." He blinks, and grins. "Instrumental! Ha!"

Wik

First Post
The old man nods and says "Thank you for your patronage, sir! Always know that you are welcome in the stall of Dhar Rikaa, purveyor of fine instruments!"

As the group turns to leave, Dhar begins to gather up his instruments, packing them into a chest on wheels nearby. It is obvious that he is closing for the night. In fact, as you look around, several of the stallkeepers are doing the same. Many of the lanterns have already been lit, and small squads of mangled and disabled men busily sweep the streets and clean it of refuse, occasionally darting down to snatch up a coin that had been dropped during the street's business hours. A few late shoppers still dart from stall to stall in the hopes of grabbing some needed item before the street closes entirely.

Wik

First Post
covaithe said:
"Indeed," adds Tommy in a dramatic stage whisper. "You may sleep sound tonight knowing your assistance may have been instrumental in an heroic undertaking." He blinks, and grins. "Instrumental! Ha!"

[sblock=OOC]Seriously? Puns? That was horrible. ;)[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
"What to make of Solange's beady-eyed little creatures? They may have nothing to do with our current business, but it would be well to look carefully down any alleyways we pass!"

Solange

First Post
"Perhaps they deal with thieves," Solange says. "Seems easier to sell stolen stuff to them where it ain't ever seen again."

[sblock=OOC]I'd more worry about fighting for a chance to shine among more people. 4-6 is pretty easy. More could be unwieldly. But you're the DM :)[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
Solange said:
[sblock=OOC]I'd more worry about fighting for a chance to shine among more people. 4-6 is pretty easy. More could be unwieldly. But you're the DM :)[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]I think Wik said it was two latecomers - Cludge the dwarf fighter and Saithnar who is some sort of psionic class. I don't know anything about psionics, so I expect Conuld is going to be downright suspicious of him. :p [/sblock]

Wik

First Post
Solange said:
"Perhaps they deal with thieves," Solange says. "Seems easier to sell stolen stuff to them where it ain't ever seen again."

[sblock=OOC]At most, the group will be 7 people. I really don't think it'll be a problem. It could be a problem if this was going to be a huge adventure, but it should be over in two weeks' time anyways.[/sblock]

Remove ads