W1: Blacklily Violence (Completed!) [Rae Judging]

Wik

First Post
OOC: Alright, so our starting group consists of:

Trouvere, playing Conuld, Human Transmuter 1.
Covaithe, playing Tommy, Human Wizard 1.
Solange, playing Solange, Human Cleric of Zephos 1.
Scott DeWar, playing Pendrake, Human Fighter 1.

We also may have two or three more characters coming in (AGFlynn's Cludge, Dwarven Fighter, Rathan's Rathan, human cleric of Hyrag, and Phoenix's Saithnar, human psion).

Upon successful recovery of the Arimae necklace, characters will receive two hundred gold crowns from the Arimae family.

Cassus Arimae stands up suddenly. "Well then, I wish you all good luck in your search. I will be at my manor at 902 Merchant's Avenue, near the Sage's guildhall. If you wish to investigate 'the Scene of the crime', as it were, I will be waiting for you."

With that, Cassus leaves the Red Dragon Inn.

[sblock=Spellcasters]If you wish to change your spell list, you can do so at the start of this adventure... but you have to send me your spell list before the adventure really starts. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
Conuld looks around at the others. "Do you think we might learn something more at the Arimae mansion?"
[sblock=Spells prepared: ](0) Ghost Sound; Light; Prestidigitation
(1) Enlarge Person; Mage Armor; Color Spray [/sblock][sblock=OOC] Day-of-action spell selection... thanks for the 'free change' offer, Wik [/sblock]

Solange

First Post
Wik said:
Meanwhile, as Solange takes her seat at the table, Cassus greets her warmly, even going so far as to lightly kiss her on her hand. "Yes, I think we have a good group here so far... although I should inform you that I have a few more souls that I have already hired to assist you in your search. They should catch up with you promptly. Hopefully you'll be able to find the necklace soon, before it is sold to some miscreant."
Solange blushes brightly at the gesture, "Why it's just little ole me m'lord. Ain't nothin' ta git worked up about."

"I seem ta have walked in in the middle of all this," Solange says, still recovering from Cassus's greeting. "So what all's missing then and what y'all know?"

[sblock=OOC]
My spell list is on my character sheet.
Spells:
Level 0: Save DC 13
1 Detect Magic
2 Light
3 Guidance

Level 1: Save DC 14
D Longstrider
1 Bless
2 Summon Monster I

Hopefully I'll be approves soon :)

Oh, and sorry for the changing accent, I just heard her talk for a bit, and it started coming out country, so I went with it.[/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=spells prepared]
Save DC: 14 + spell lvl
0: Acid splash, Mage Hand, Detect Magic
1: Sleep, Mage armor
[/sblock]

Tommy offers, "It seems we have two avenues of exploration before us: examination of the scene of the crime, and investigation of that scarf, which will take us to Market avenue and the Harbor district. It occurs to me that if the culprits are minded to offer us violence, they are more likely to do so in the streets and alleys than in a nobleman's residence."

Trouvere

Explorer
Solange said:
"I seem ta have walked in in the middle of all this," Solange says, still recovering from Cassus's greeting. "So what all's missing then and what y'all know?"
Conuld provides a short recounting of what they learned before Solange arrived. "Let's see... we know there is probably a link to a gang of thieves from the docks or Market Street. We know at least one of the thieves is quick to violence. We know they have made mistakes already. We can guess they will try to sell the necklace quickly."

Solange

First Post
"Well, Market Street seems like a good place ta look," Solange says enthusiasticly. "I haven't been 'round the city much. Looks like i get to look 'round a bit."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"ja...to das scène van de misdaad ... markt straat"pendrake stands with the rest of the group to join them

covaithe

Explorer
Tommy nods. "I believe at this point we have two working hypotheses. In the first, the necklace was stolen by local criminals, possibly members of a street gang, for its value. In the second, the necklace was stolen by enemies of the Arimae family, to embarrass them. If local hoodlums are the culprits, we are more likely to find them in the Market area, whereas if family enemies are at fault, I believe they will best be uncovered by careful questioning of those at the Arimae manor. Now, family enemies might not sell the necklace quickly, or at all, preferring to keep it as future leverage against the Arimae, whereas local thugs would be more likely to dispose of the necklace quickly. Thus I believe the more immediate threat to our mission would best be prevented by investigating Merchant Avenue." Tommy leans back, satisfied. "As you can see, it's all perfectly clear."

Trouvere

Explorer
covaithe said:
Tommy leans back, satisfied. "As you can see, it's all perfectly clear."
"Indeed, especially when encapsulated so precisely," Conuld remarks. "I should vote for Market Avenue, too. Moreoever, it seems to me that Cassus Arimae was not keen to have us visit his home - or surely he would have accompanied us there at once."
He frowns slightly and grips a scroll case thrust through his belt. "I left my place of prior employment and habitation rather precipitiously, in the end. There are a few odds and ends I should buy - we will be less conspicuous in Market Avenue if we spend a few coins, I should think." He takes his staff in hand, checks that his crossbow hangs safely from his hip, and pats a large book that is crammed into a pocket too small for it. "Shall we set out?"

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases