W1: Blacklily Violence (Completed!) [Rae Judging] - Page 34


What's on your mind?

  1. #331
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Phoenix8008's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Frostproof, FL
    Posts
    5,443
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Phoenix8008
    My communities:

    "I agree." Saithnar says in clipped speech. "Return the item soonest and also inform our employer of his brother's criminal activities. It would be the honorable thing to do. Then with Cassus' protection, we can inform the authorities of the night's activities and outcome. They may well let slide the unfortunate deaths when they hear that the infamous Blacklilly gang is now out of business." Finished speaking, he retrieves his pipe from a pocket, lights it, and proceeds to blow smoke rings as they walk.

 

  • #332
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    AGFlynn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    331
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore AGFlynn
    My communities:

    Cludge Slatefist

    Sounds like a good plan ta me, Saithnar, Cludge says, clomping alongside his companions.
    Funny that a rich brat would find tha need fer so dishonest a trade, dontcha think? Cassus'll likely not be too glad to see the likes o' us when we tell 'im his brothers' likely goin' ta jail.
    He pauses and contemplatively watches Saithnar's smoke rings dissipate into the sea air.
    Mighty strange this do go on here in tha city, he muses.
    Well, he says, I don't see as how we can lie to Cassus about Vannon. The truth will out, ya know. Better that he hears it from us, up front and honest-like. Then we should tell the cops, I think. But better that we offer Cassus to deal with his brother first, give him like some time ta deal with it.

  • #333
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Rathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Might As Well Be Canada, ME
    Posts
    4,600
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Rathan
    My communities:

    Rathan nodded in agreement as he almost hurt him to see riffer tossed to the fishes so to speak..... he looked to the rest almost dejected.... "This mission almost feels failed, too much violence and death. I would like it over with as quickly as possible, so I feel getting the necklace back and then to the authorities is best as well. Let us be on our way please.. I wish not to be in this wrongful deeds presence any longer" he says as he thumbs to the ship and riffers new fate as to what he meant by his words.... hopefull he could put some distance between himself and the docks now..
    Characters I Play!
    Coming Soon!

  • #334
    Registered User
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    Wik's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Victoria, British Columbia
    Posts
    5,287
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    30

    Ignore Wik
    You make your way back to Cassus' mansion, wondering what will happen to Riffer.

    By the time you get to the mansion, the streets are completely empty, save a single group of men stumbling down main thoroughfare. THe manor itself is already undergoing repairs - a broken window has been temporarily boarded up, and it seems like a work crew will make the building look new sometime by tomorrow.

    When you are only a few feet away from the building, one of the "Drunks" whispers out to you:

    "I'm a Blacklily, but I mean no harm. Hell, I should inform you that you were never a foe of the 'lilies... just Riffer's bunch." He takes a step towards you. It is obvious that the rags of a typical street drinker are a disguise... it is also obvious that, underneath those rags, he must be carrying several daggers.

    "You could shoot at me, but you should know there are several crossbows - one aimed at each of your heads. It wouldn't be an easy fight, like at the Ship's Wheel. Especially now that we know how you fight." He gives a disarming grin, and reaches into his pocket casually, pulling out a letter.

    "A letter. From the Missus. What you do with it is up to you." He turns to walk away. After a few steps, he pauses, turns around, and says "Oh, and a word to the wise: you may have killed a few of Riffer's men, but one or two of those guys were friends of mine. You aren't an enemy of the Blacklilies right now, but if you cross our path again, we won't hesitate to fight. And we fight dirty."

    After that, he instantly resumes his drunken stumbler guise and starts lurching away.

    The letter, wrapped with a single black ribbon, is in the middle of the paved streets. The only sound is that of the wind, cutting through the wide thoroughfare.
    Wik: Solving internet arguments since 1983.

  • #335
    Solange steps forward cautiously and picks up the letter, looking around while leaning on her crook for balance. She examines it before she opens it.
    PbP Stuff
    Solange Shepherd, Cleric of Zephos.
    Spells

    Level 0: Save DC 13
    1 Detect Magic
    2 Light
    3 Guidance
    4 Resistance
    Level 1: Save DC 14
    D Longstrider
    1 Bless
    2 Cause Fear
    3 Summon Monster 1
    Level 2: Save DC 15
    D Locate Object
    1 Sound Burst
    2 Summon Monster 2
    1
    Rapture, Paladin of Valessa
    Shadya yn Hayder of the Hurakan tribe of Sairundan
    Lily d'Orien Kalashtar Orphan Wilder
    Lori Bender (Lor), Human/Half-Elf/Elf (Changling) Wizard
    Spells
    Level 0: Save DC 14
    S Message
    1 Detect Magic
    2 Detect Magic
    3 Light
    4 Prestidigitation
    Level 1: Save DC 15
    S Feather Fall
    1 Comprehend Languages
    2 Color Spray
    3 Magic Missile
    Level 2: Save DC 16
    S Hypnotic Pattern
    1 Scorching Ray
    2 Extended Mage Armor
    Kho'Tara Draguul, Hobgoblin Spirit Shamen
    Spells
    Level 0: Save DC 13 Cast: 0/3
    Resistance, Cure Minor Wounds; Light
    Level 1: Save DC 14 Cast: 2/3
    Cure Light Wounds; Produce Flame

  • #336
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    Trouvere's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,718
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Trouvere
    Conuld feels the skin prickling on the back of his neck, and does not doubt that someone has a crossbow lined up on him. He waits until the Blacklily courier has begun walking away before he moves. "If they know how we fight, then they have retrieved and revived the two survivors we left at the tavern," he says. "What a debacle. Let's go to see Cassus, read that letter in private, then go to sleep, and in the morning, we can decide what to do."
    A sudden thought strikes Conuld. He walks the few feet to the gate of the Arimae mansion where he feels he might have a little more cover. With his back to the street, he casts the Message cantrip, turning his head and pointing a surreptitious finger at the retreating figure of the Blacklily, hoping he is still in range. "Know this, Blacklily," he says under his breath, so that the man will hear it, "Riffer drew no weapon at the tavern. He did not fight. His tongue was loose. He led us where we would go. Now he flees from Orussus to avoid vengeance. Ask her why this should be so."
    Conuld puts a hand on the Arimae gate. "One bad turn deserves another," he says, though not to the Blacklily, "and perhaps it will sow some confusion."

    OOC - casting Message; Bluff check 1d20=4 (darn), although strictly everything he says is true, from a certain point of view.
    Last edited by Trouvere; Thursday, 7th June, 2007 at 06:04 PM.

  • #337
    Registered User
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    Wik's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Victoria, British Columbia
    Posts
    5,287
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    30

    Ignore Wik
    The Blacklily stops for a moment, hearing the message, his hand hovering over a bulge near his waist (a dagger?). After the message ends, he shudders as if someone walked over his grave, picks up his pace, and quickly leaves the avenue.

    Meanwhile, SOlange opens the letter. In flowing script, it reads -

    You did well.

    Know this: It was not the Blacklilies that you fought, but those of an internal faction, under the leadership of that fool Riffer. I have been unsure how to deal with Riffer's attempt at stealing the leadership; it seems you have taken care of my problem for me, and for this, I thank you.

    Know this, also: you need not fear reprisals from the Blacklilies - I have informed my loyal subjects that you are tabboo. You are safe... although, as I'm sure you have been told already, if we cross paths again, expect to wind up digging your own grave.

    As for Vannon - I know not your intentions in this matter. Know that he had no involvement in the Arimae raid, which was entirely Riffer's harebrained scheme. Also know that Vannon is not a true member of the Blacklilies; he has done little wrong. In fact, you have little proof that he has any relation to us at all; should you mention his involvement with us to his noble brother, there is little you can do save create bad blood.

    I will laeve the final decision up to you, of course.

    May we never cross paths again.

    -C
    Wik: Solving internet arguments since 1983.

  • #338
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    AGFlynn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    331
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore AGFlynn
    My communities:

    Cludge Slatefist

    Cludge slowly scans the letter around Solange's elbow, his lips moving silently as he follows the text. Suddenly he throws back his head and lets out a hearty, prolonged belly laugh. After a few moments, he wipes his eyes with his knuckles.
    Deary me, but humanfolk are a precious ol' lot, he says, blowing his nose. Now a threat like that back home would ne'er be so prettily writ, nor so delicate. No, there'd jus' be blood and fists a-flyin' an beers after - or a wake. He pats his beard back into place (though it springs back into disarray almost immediately).
    Well, I take their message. I do indeed. I'll look forward to the day when our swords cross, I will. But I still think we gotta 'least tell Cassus about his brother. Tis the right thing to do. Mebbe we can figger out a way ta do that as delicate as these here Blackberries done with us.
    Last edited by AGFlynn; Thursday, 7th June, 2007 at 10:47 PM.

  • #339
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    Trouvere's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,718
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Trouvere
    "Well," says Conuld, having told the others of his secretive soliloquy and read through the letter, "I suppose I did not create any fractures in the Blacklilies with that little trick, or make more trouble for Riffer than he was in already. Possibly we even saved his life by sending him to sea. Perhaps that will be a comfort for you, Rathan? It seems we have unknowingly been working for two masters. I am tired of the whole business."

    OOC - Conuld maybe, not me - I'm sorry it's winding up... if it is?

  • #340
    OOC: Cludge, Vannon is the bad brother.

    "At tha moment, we ain't really gotta beef wit tha 'lillies. Might be best to let things lie after we give back tha necklace. Can't see much good comin' outa doin' much more, and we ain't got much proof 'bout his brother 'sides Riffer's word, and it ain't worth much." Solange says.
    PbP Stuff
    Solange Shepherd, Cleric of Zephos.
    Spells

    Level 0: Save DC 13
    1 Detect Magic
    2 Light
    3 Guidance
    4 Resistance
    Level 1: Save DC 14
    D Longstrider
    1 Bless
    2 Cause Fear
    3 Summon Monster 1
    Level 2: Save DC 15
    D Locate Object
    1 Sound Burst
    2 Summon Monster 2
    1
    Rapture, Paladin of Valessa
    Shadya yn Hayder of the Hurakan tribe of Sairundan
    Lily d'Orien Kalashtar Orphan Wilder
    Lori Bender (Lor), Human/Half-Elf/Elf (Changling) Wizard
    Spells
    Level 0: Save DC 14
    S Message
    1 Detect Magic
    2 Detect Magic
    3 Light
    4 Prestidigitation
    Level 1: Save DC 15
    S Feather Fall
    1 Comprehend Languages
    2 Color Spray
    3 Magic Missile
    Level 2: Save DC 16
    S Hypnotic Pattern
    1 Scorching Ray
    2 Extended Mage Armor
    Kho'Tara Draguul, Hobgoblin Spirit Shamen
    Spells
    Level 0: Save DC 13 Cast: 0/3
    Resistance, Cure Minor Wounds; Light
    Level 1: Save DC 14 Cast: 2/3
    Cure Light Wounds; Produce Flame

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. S3: The Scythe of Seto (Bront Judging)[Completed]
      By Manzanita in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 743
      Last Post: Tuesday, 26th May, 2009, 04:02 PM
    2. Break of Dawn [Manzanita judging] COMPLETED
      By B4cchus in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 963
      Last Post: Wednesday, 19th March, 2008, 01:52 PM
    3. A Sailor Talks Too Much (El Jefe Judging)(completed)
      By BigB in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 209
      Last Post: Thursday, 7th December, 2006, 05:20 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •