W1: Blacklily Violence (Completed!) [Rae Judging] - Page 6

+ Log in or register to post
Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trouvere
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Conuld nods in greeting as Solange rejoins them. "The traders are closing their stalls," he says, "and I have learned nothing of interest, though I have made some small purchases. Did you two do any better? Where is Tommy? It will be dark soon. We should stick together."
    "I heard 'bout some beady eyed creatures meet'n folks in alleyways. 'Twas second hand, but she seemed sure 'bout it. Roselia saw 'em," Solange explains as she leans on her crook to get comfortable. Then she sighs, "Guess I shoulda asked where Roselia was."
    PbP Stuff
    Solange Shepherd, Cleric of Zephos.
    Spells

Level 0: Save DC 13
    1 Detect Magic
    2 Light
    3 Guidance
    4 Resistance
    Level 1: Save DC 14
    D Longstrider
    1 Bless
    2 Cause Fear
    3 Summon Monster 1
    Level 2: Save DC 15
    D Locate Object
    1 Sound Burst
    2 Summon Monster 2
    Rapture, Paladin of Valessa
    Shadya yn Hayder of the Hurakan tribe of Sairundan
    Lily d'Orien Kalashtar Orphan Wilder
    Lori Bender (Lor), Human/Half-Elf/Elf (Changling) Wizard
    Spells
    Level 0: Save DC 14
    S Message
    1 Detect Magic
    2 Detect Magic
    3 Light
    4 Prestidigitation
    Level 1: Save DC 15
    S Feather Fall
    1 Comprehend Languages
    2 Color Spray
    3 Magic Missile
    Level 2: Save DC 16
    S Hypnotic Pattern
    1 Scorching Ray
    2 Extended Mage Armor
    Kho'Tara Draguul, Hobgoblin Spirit Shamen
    Spells
    Level 0: Save DC 13 Cast: 0/3
    Resistance, Cure Minor Wounds; Light
    Level 1: Save DC 14 Cast: 2/3
    Cure Light Wounds; Produce Flame

Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

Ignore covaithe
    Unruly hair bobbing like a cork above the sea of faces, Tommy eventually catches up with the others in time to hear Solange's findings. "Aha! Beady-eyed creatures! Always a sign that the game is afoot!" He blinks, and notices the old man with the scarf. "Oh, and have we discovered the nature of the mysterious scarf as well? Good show! What can you tell us about scarves like this, venerable sir?"
    My games

Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

Miscatonic U. professor of supernatural studies-Emeritus [Nolensville, Tenn.]
    OSRICEN PublishingPathfinderCircvs MaximvsGygax Memorial FundThe Perturbed Dragon

Ignore Scott DeWar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wik
    While the group discusses potential plans for their eventual encounter with the thieves, the spectacled old man discovered by Pendrake's snooping still holds the scarf in his hands. They seem to tremble a little bit, and several times Pendrake (and whoever is near him when he discovers the old man) notice that he keeps looking over his shoulder anxiously.
    pendrake takes the scarf back as discreatly as he can then asks in a low voice, "i am not of these parts...who is blacklilly?"

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Ignore Trouvere
    In a loud voice, for the benefit of any onlookers, Conuld says "This rebec here would make a fine holiday gift for my nephew, who shows musical promise." Then in a soft tone, he says "You have nothing to fear from us, father."
    (OOC - Diplomacy check 1d20=18 if required)
    Last edited by Trouvere; Monday, 7th May, 2007 at 01:48 PM.
    LEW characters:
    Keldar Warbray, human Rogue 3/Fighter 2/Bard 1 (the toast of Fallon, but suffering abandonment issues)
    Rollfar Lightpurse, Rogue 1 / Seer 3, Keldar's cohort
    Gildrim Nurazak, dwarven Divine Bard 3 / Fighter 1 (taking time off to recover after failing again)
    Cay Riggle, human Psychic Warrior 3 / Fighter 1 (cooling his heels at the Red Dragon Inn).
    Completed games:
    T1: A Visit to Spelding Square (a star fell, and something crawled from the sea)

The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

Blog Entries

Ignore Wik
    The old man adjusts his spectacles, and then flashes an awkward smile that is missing far too many teeth. "Yes, that Rebec would be great for your nephew... and it's only 4 golden crowns... I'm old enough to know that information isn't free."
    Wik: Solving internet arguments since 1983.

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Ignore Trouvere
    "Sthyr othokent tuor aurix durah renthisj, Atomerasu. Kosj vethinoach kosj. Wux majak lauth?" hisses Conuld to Tommy, exasperatedly.
    Draconic
    "The cunning old man wants a golden bribe to speak, Atomerasu. Little wealth have I. Will you lend me a little?"
    LEW characters:
    Keldar Warbray, human Rogue 3/Fighter 2/Bard 1 (the toast of Fallon, but suffering abandonment issues)
    Gildrim Nurazak, dwarven Divine Bard 3 / Fighter 1 (taking time off to recover after failing again)
    Cay Riggle, human Psychic Warrior 3 / Fighter 1 (cooling his heels at the Red Dragon Inn).
    Completed games:
    T1: A Visit to Spelding Square (a star fell, and something crawled from the sea)

Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

Ignore covaithe
    Tommy nods, silent for once, and fishes out four gold coins, and hands two to the old man. "I think half up front would be appropriate, don't you?
    My games

Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Ignore Trouvere
    Quote Originally Posted by covaithe
    Tommy nods, silent for once, and fishes out four gold coins, and hands two to the old man. "I think half up front would be appropriate, don't you?
    "And I am definitely taking the instrument, whether or no," says Conuld petulantly. "Thanks, Tommy. I'll pay you back."
    LEW characters:
    Completed games:

The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

Blog Entries

Ignore Wik
    The man nods once more, and then looks around with shifty eyes. "It's a fine instrument! Your nephew will be very pleased! I know of several music tutors who would gladly offer their services, as well."

He leans in, taking the two gold from Tommy, and then whispers just loudly enough to be heard over the din of the marketplace "The blacklilies are a group of thieves that specialize in breaking and entering. They can be fairly brutal... especially on their 'ship raids'... that's when they hit a ship that's moored overnight while waiting for an early-morning inspection. They all wear those scarves... I know a couple of the vendors that don't have proper walls - such as myself - will give them a discount on wares... paying 'protection money', I guess. Look, if they hit your ship, you'd be best to just let it pass and moor out of the harbour until the sun comes up next time." The whole time, he is holding the instrument in his hands as if showing Tommy and Conuld how to play it, and rubbing the wood, miming how to clean it.
    Wik: Solving internet arguments since 1983.

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Ignore Trouvere
    Playing along, Conuld runs a thumb across the strings to hear the instrument's tone. "How many of them are there? Where can we find them?" He fishes for a gold coin of his own, putting a restraining hand on Tommy's sleeve momentarily, lest he hand over the remainder of the bribe.
    LEW characters:
    Completed games:

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast