Heart of Artifice Temporary--Kharas Alone

Velmont

First Post
Kharas grabs the long spear and try to throw it as far as possible. "How well, I waste my powers finally, if only I had not been so impulsive... at least better than being dead." Kharas looks at the construct. "Great work the one who create you, but that key in your back was not such a good idea." He starts to inspect the construct to understand more the way it works, he'll even try to open it and try to disable it for good if he can, just in case it would decide to wake up for a reason he don't know.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*As Kharas throws the spear away, a pair of small flying constructs like the ones in Helen's house are startled and fly away into the clear blue sky.*

*Kharas begins to fiddle with the construct and inspect its craftmanship. He finds a control box inside, made of incredibly complex magically-artificed components of that strange metal from the flying constructs, and he disables it. The way this thing works is...unusual. There are a few clever and ingenious choices that would normally not mesh together well, but they are counterbalanced and allowed to work by a few design choices that shouldn't be able to work at all, and yet they did.*

Velmont

First Post
"Finally, my wish seems to have been granted. I wanted to find the place where the kids are... it seems they most likely be here. That is all crazy. The impossible is possible, another one that should not work." tells Kharas. He then starts to scan the place he is. He need to find a way out of here.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Does my Inlict light Damage spell have been discharged? Or it is still ready? Good to know if I enter a new combat somewhere soon...[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: He does still hold the charge, although he can't cast anything else or it dissipates, of course)

*Kharas scans the white marble structure. Other than the framed archway against the wall where he started, there are pillars and a dome above, and the structure opens out on three sides, leading outside. All in all, it is a very small open structure (OOC: Almost like a small Greek temple in style).*

Velmont

First Post
Kharas, seeing nothing more of interest, starts to walk outside teh structure. "Now I need to find if the kids are here... and a way back." His shield is still on his arm and he keep his spell charged in case of new hostility from some construct... and it seems there is a lot of them here.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Walking outside the structure, he sees that it is adorned with fanciful and imaginative architecture, including alabaster lions in much the same style as the lions in the Dhakaani complex from before. But he doesn't dwell on that for long, as he walks down the marble stairs and his eyes settle on the beautiful green field around the structure and then...the abrupt ending of the land here. He looks out into the clear blue sky to see that his marble shrine on a grassy field is floating in the sky. At the edge of the small floating island, there is a drop down precipitously into a white mist that obscures the bottom. Looking back up again, he sees other floating islands nearby, mostly small like the one he is occupying, with a much larger island in the distance. Flying shapes, some small like lone birds, some huge like transport barges, move at varying speeds, some darting and flitting, some slowly floating through the air, all hurrying about their tasks with varying levels of grace. It is only after this that he looks off to both sides and notices that around the side of his island sits a winged dragonlike construct.*

Velmont

First Post
"A flying island? That must be a human creation. Why do they always need to go up. After Sharn and all there towers, floating islands." As Kharas spot the winged dragon construct, he takes a moment to look at it from far. As soon as he see there seems to be nothing hostile in his behavior, he starts to approach it. "Is that teh way to move from an island to the other?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The dragonlike construct turns to look at Kharas, but it doesn't move or attack. It has a small hollowed dip in its back where a passenger could sit comfortably and securely.*

Velmont

First Post
"Heh... Hello. Can you speak or you have only the same recorded message than your friend inside there?" asks Kharas. "I suppose you are the only way out of that blasted island. Where can you transport me?"

Remove ads