Cloistered Cleric Variant

Bront

The man with the probe
Cloistered Cleric

If anything, it's underpowered compaired to a normal cleric, so I don't see the problem. It fits better with several of the LEW gods anyway.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
This variant is underpowered compared to the cleric and it fits in thematically better than the ubiquitous and rather genre-atypical warrior-priest forced onto us by the PHB Cleric, so I don't see why it should not be allowed. I vote YES

orsal

LEW Judge
I like the archetype -- I think there should be space for a divine servant with rather less martial tendency than the standard cleric -- and I worry about overpowered alternatives but not underpowered ones. Yes

Xael

First Post
Whoa, this would fit Almayce much better than the normal Cleric, but he'd have even less hit points (9 vs. current 15) and he'd be dead. :lol: Though I probably would have used sligthly different ability scores if this had been available from the start.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Xael said:
Whoa, this would fit Almayce much better than the normal Cleric, but he'd have even less hit points (9 vs. current 15) and he'd be dead. :lol: Though I probably would have used sligthly different ability scores if this had been available from the start.
9 HP at level 5 :lol: Zounds, even with 15 you're just darned lucky you haven't faced a level 5 Wizard enemy. It would be considered an easy win for a group of level 5 characters, but if the Wizard led off with a Fireball, it would KO or kill Almayce immediately ;)

Velmont

First Post
Wow... with such stats, I wouldn't be surprise to learn Almayce would beat Ashnar in number of death... I must tell I would have bet more on Tenebrynn to get kill more often then Ashnar, so he might well never die.

Knight Otu

First Post
Velmont said:
Wow... with such stats, I wouldn't be surprise to learn Almayce would beat Ashnar in number of death... I must tell I would have bet more on Tenebrynn to get kill more often then Ashnar, so he might well never die.
The sad thing being that Ashna(r) actually has a Constitution bonus and still died twice. Once to a insta-kill effect, of course, which circumvents hit points entirely, and now to a hit point leech who happened to take critical and sneak attack damage, while I was already pretty wounded. Hey, gives me more time to enjoy my low-level spells should I get raised. :p

Velmont

First Post
Knight Otu said:
The sad thing being that Ashna(r) actually has a Constitution bonus and still died twice. Once to a insta-kill effect, of course, which circumvents hit points entirely, and now to a hit point leech who happened to take critical and sneak attack damage, while I was already pretty wounded. Hey, gives me more time to enjoy my low-level spells should I get raised. :p

Rinaldo will try to raise Ashnar again, even if he need to sell his rod of immavobility to gather enough money... the only thing, it is we need to carry your corpse... do you think Ashnar can fit his his handy haversacK? :p

Remove ads