Ashin's Commission: Buried Alive

ajanders

Explorer
Michael rolls the rocks off Zaeryl quickly and hopes he has the good kind of temporary hit points, not the ones that are going to go away and leave him in need of healing.
If he does, he'll get to find out just how immortal he is.

Then he looks around. Hopefully there's a distinct lack of Afflicted.
"Think that'll hold them?"
A Mason would know...and could make sure it did. Unfortunately, Michael's not a Mason.

(OOC: I think the west passage is closed, as is the east passage. I understood there was some excitement southwesterly, but I'm hoping the south passage is relatively clear and we can get some non-cave-of-evilness time. Or did we get caught on the inside of the cave-in?)

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Michael pushes the rock off of Zaeryl before it can do any more damage. The Afflicted, like the constructs, all seem to have been crushed. Zaeryl surveys the fallen rocks.*

"That should hold," Zaeryl nods, "Even if she survived the collapse in the east...somehow, we think she did. So then, we have given them a head start, at least."

ajanders

Explorer
Michael starts exploring the area they have to work with, looking for useful tools.
Hey, there's a rock! And look! another rock! And a bit of squashed Afflicted!
Ewww...

Michael switches his focus to looking for things not rocks...or disgusting.

"She?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"The priestess. Surely she was in the eastern passage, yes? This is why we collapsed it."

*Zaeryl brushes off some of the dirt and stony dust from his clothes, but the attempt seems almost comical considering how he is almost covered with the stuff after that rockslide.*

"We had best hope that there is a way out to the north."

ajanders

Explorer
"Oh terrific."
Michael sounds disgusted.
"Did we just get played for suckers back there?"
Figures. Nobody else has been straight with us since Orussus...

He starts north, lightly tapping the walls with the haft of his hammer and hoping for a nice hollow sound.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Did you aid her then instead of fighting her? If so, we would presume yes."

*As they head north, they reach the dead-end with the ghouls of the Fallonese guards.*

"Friends of yours?" Zaeryl chuckles.

"If this is a mirror image of the southern corridor, there will be some sort of mechanism to open a secret door that slides the back wall away."

ajanders

Explorer
"Apparently I don't have friends. Just people who haven't taken advantage of me yet."
Michael comes to the end of the corridor and begins poking and prying for trigger mechanisms. He makes a bet with himself that the light runs out before he runs out of things to poke.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Zaeryl takes the other side of the room, and they both meticulously take their time prodding and poking. Eventually, Michael finds a secret catch that gives way, and the back wall slides away to reveal a passage.*

"Good find. The bad news is that south was the way out--we shall be heading deeper before we get any closer to the exit."

Remove ads