Ashin's Commission: Buried Alive

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The two quickly exit the compound and head back into the sunlight.*

"Doubtless they are on our trail. Did you have your horse here? We are afraid that ours did not survive the ride here...But if we must, we will walk."

ajanders

Explorer
Michael looks around to get his bearings: hopefully he can work out which way it is to the cave he left his horse.

"I did bring it, but with my luck, it got et."
Survival check (1d20+7=11)

Michael hopes to find out which way to his horse and cache. It seems unlikely.

Let's see, it was a ...hole...in the side of a...mountain...surrounded by ....rocks...

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Michael is unsure which way to go to get to his horse and cache. They seem to have come out in a different place from where they entered. Finding the village shouldn't be as difficult, though--it should still be southeast from the mines.*

ajanders

Explorer
"I can't help but think this looks completely unfamiliar." Michael says, pivoting around in the hopes of finding a familiar landmark.

"But judging from the sun, the village should be that way. I don't know if we want to go down into it, but I should be able to pick up my back-trail from there. I may also find something I recognize, but I suspect we may have come out on the other side of the mountain."

Michael hitches up his pack on his shoulders and tries to see how much daylight is left.
"I'm bound for my horse, either directly or via the village. Zaeryl, where are you going?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"The village...that is where the others would have gone...But she may have gone there as well. We will check there for further developments. Since the horse wouldn't hold us anyway, we shall leave you to it if you wish to keep searching. Do take the wand, though if you could heal us before we part, it could be helpful."

ajanders

Explorer
Michael pulls the wand and heals Zaeryl and, upon reflection, himself, to full health.
Or until the wand dies.

He pulls the other wand out of his pack.

"If you think you're going to see Almayce, I owe him this. Let's go find Duvik's Pass."

He sets out to cover ground.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Michael and Zaeryl head out as quickly as they can while keeping safe footing, looking for Duvik's Pass. Eventually, by following the sun and the lay of the land, they are able to find the way to the village, circling the mountain slightly to do so. Michael looks around and thinks he now knows where he is in relation to where he left the horse...maybe at least.*

(OOC: The other wand from the pouch is the new one from the mines?)

"Very well. I will give it to him," Zaeryl nods, "Good luck finding the horse...and all that."

ajanders

Explorer
Michael sets off for his horse, again, thinking cover.
It's going to be a long spell-less day.

His goals are:

1. Recover cached gear. Or, more likely, write it off because the Afflicted ate most of it.
2. Return the message to Fallon: tell the Lieutenant his patrol is dead, turned into ghouls, tried to bite his arms off, and got killed again. Here's your damned message back.

Exactly what happens after that depends on how rude the Fallonese are: Michael is still perfectly ready to wipe the dust of this entire half of the continent off his boots and go back to Orussus.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases